Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

The Panzerschreck

A few big surprises for me.

1) The Pupchen (sp) was developed before the Schreck?! Wow.

2) The Panzerfaust was more effective then the Schreck?! Double Wow. The opposite is true in the CMX2 games.

3) The Germans designed the Schrek for a service life of 1000 rounds. Way over-engineered, lol.

4) A bazooka is shown firing at 3:56 in the video. I thought that the camera man was about to have a bad day. The backblast seemed mild (zoom lens)? I would have thought that the backblast would have been way worse.

I have handled a Schrek in real life. Heavier and more awkward (even unloaded) than you would imagine.

In the video, IIRC they just said "effectiveness."

The faust probably has a larger diameter warhead, which makes it more penetrative. But the schrek has much longer range.

I wonder to what extent it was also a question of numbers. Maybe there were many fausts and far fewer schreks?

Hard to draw conclusions from the video.

I think the Fausts are also a bit undermodelled in CM. In reality, their stated range was actually their effective range, but in CM, it seems to be their max range.

So in the game, it's difficult to hit at 60m range with a Panzerfaust 60, but in reality it had a sight reading for 80 metres, if I remember right.

Last edited:
Back