Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

The Return of ABBA!

Yes, after 40 years they have a new album coming ("Voyage") out and will be doing a digital show in London.
My first reaction to a digital show was not good. But having seen some of the digital effects, wow.
Here's a link with more details. https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/02/entertainment/abba-new-album/index.html
I'm an unabashed ABBA fanboy and I have to admit, I got a little choked up hearing/seeing this new song.
Enjoy.
Oh, I also just added this link to a great interview with the guys describing the show and taking questions.
----

Last edited:
Good for them! Not a big ABBA fan but I do appreciate them.
So many of the musicians that inspired my 4+ decade long journey in the world of bass and music are leaving us.

Reactions: mTk
And look, they've been retired for three decades...and all they can come of with is 2 new songs? I would think they could have maybe put together, what, two or three ALBUMS worth of songs in 30 years. But hey, more power to them...

You haven't watched the link I provided with the Q&A with the guys.
Basically, there is a full album coming out with 12 songs. And they just might do more.
They didn't need to come back because they both admitted they are awash in cash. They decided to get back together because
they missed it. And needed to do it now (as Bernie sez) before they are all dead. Seems like a pretty good reason to me! :p
I think the fact that the "girls" didn't participate in the Q&A maybe suggests that they are no longer as close a group as they
once were. I mean Bjorn & Agnetha were married...and divorced. Bennie and Anni-Fred were married...and divorced. Sure, a lot
of water under the bridge, but still...that's a lot of baggage to lug around too.
I'd love to ask Bjorn why he divorced Agnetha. I'm sure he had what he thought were perfectly good reason(s). I just don't think
he realized wtf he was doing. LOL
----
1feuU4D.jpg

Last edited:
You haven't watched the link I provided with the Q&A with the guys.
Basically, there is a full album coming out with 12 songs. And they just might do more.
They didn't need to come back because they both admitted they are awash in cash. They decided to get back together because
they missed it. And needed to do it now (as Bernie sez) before they are all dead. Seems like a pretty good reason to me! :p
I think the fact that the "girls" didn't participate in the Q&A maybe suggests that they are no longer as close a group as they
once were. I mean Bjorn & Agnetha were married...and divorced. Bennie and Anni-Fred were married...and divorced. Sure, a lot
of water under the bridge, but still...
I'd love to ask Bjorn why he divorced Agnetha. I'm sure he had what he thought were perfectly good reason(s). I just don't think
he realized what he was doing. LOL
----
1feuU4D.jpg
Yeah, I see that now, a new full album. Nice, very nice.

By my understanding back in their peak the girls didn't really understand english, they only had to know the words to the songs - it may well have changed since then.

I can see why they'd want to have another go despite not needing the money, if I won the lottery tomorrow and won big, let's say 20M+, I'd retire but I wouldn't stop working. It would give me the opportunity to develop business ideas I've had for a while, but ideas that need time and money, neither of which I have while paying a mortgage and supporting a family.

The point being, if you have the ability to do so, why not indulge your interests, even if those interests could be considered 'work', and given they've been retired for over 30 years, there's only so many times you can enjoy a pina colada by the pool before that gets boring too.

Love this...

One of the best pop songs ever.......I was living in Belguim (Brussels) when they won the Eurovision Song Contest with Waterloo in 1974.

Steve

Back