Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

The Soundtrack to my Tour of Duty

Addendum: Now many of our members are so young as to never had to listen to cassettes on a monaural portable tape deck. They were atrocious power eaters, going through batteries like eating popcorn at the movies. Very few GIs would carry the extra batteries required to keep the deck running. In my case, as FACman I always had 2 batteries (5 lbs ea.) on hand to run my radio. When the battery was getting to weak to run the radio, I would plug in a fresh one and with a couple of twitches of my K-Bar, expose the leads to the old battery pack, which my Buddy 'Goody' (it was his cassette deck) would then connect to the extended wires he had attached to the deck. We would then be able to use the old battery for hours of tape deck listening.

When the battery couldn't run the tape deck any longer, it could still run the tiny little lamp I had made from the taillight of a Water Buffalo...

Water Buffalo

Having The San Francisco Bay as my home, this song had special meaning to me. How I longed to be sittin at the dock of the Bay...

Otis Redding-Sittin on the Dock of the Bay

Last edited:
The Byrds-Turn, Turn, Turn

The Vid starts with a poster from the original Filmore in San Francisco, but I missed that show as I was in Vietnam...

Some real nice pieces You have here. Thanks for sharing, Facman!

You're welcome. One of the few bright spots in my Tour of Duty was the music, so I thought it a good idea to share with my Brothers here at FGM.

Back