Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

The Vietnam War - a film by Ken Burns and Lynn Novick

steve

FGM Captain
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Award winning series back on Netflix.

Steve

Wow. First episode is amazing.

I had no idea the French suffered a similar number of deaths to the US over there (approx 50K),

Brilliant, and so sad sometimes. loved it so much I bought it.

I have watched it many times, and recently I was struck by a piece of artwork on display at the school where I work......then I realised where I'd seen it .......the photo from which the artwork was copied is in this series......here's the piece......

IMG_1315-X4.jpg

Steve

Before the lockdown I would go to Breakfast with my brothers (72, 73 years old) and friends of theirs from the old neighborhood. All of us were in the military except my two brothers. 5 of the guys were in Vietnam. Most were in support roles but one. (He has a bronze star license plate) so I asked him ”hey Jerry how’d you get the bronze star” he replied “we flew in to pick up a Marine that was in trouble” that was it. I didn’t push it further. Those guys are one of a kind.

Wait, is that Bud Backer with a new alias?? Welcome back (I assumed you got purged?)!

Yes, I joined in early 2015, then not even 4 months later my wife was diagnosed with cancer and logging in the site to not be deleted became just a stupid, irritating thing to have to remember to do so I was deleted. I credit one of my regular PBEM opponents, @PhilM for getting me back here. Good to see you, mate. :)

Ken Burns also did the brilliant documentary on the American Civil War.

Steve

Ken Burns also did the brilliant documentary on the American Civil War.

Steve

And the Roosevelts, and The West, and WW2 (from a unique perspective). I have all of them. They are very re-watchable.

Yes, I joined in early 2015, then not even 4 months later my wife was diagnosed with cancer and logging in the site to not be deleted became just a stupid, irritating thing to have to remember to do so I was deleted. I credit one of my regular PBEM opponents, @PhilM for getting me back here. Good to see you, mate. :)

Glad you’re back!

I understand. Welcome back.

And loving your comics as always.

Last edited:
Back