Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

The Vietnam War-Videos

I only passed through Con Thien once, it was where we ended our 'Sparrow Hawk' mission (platoon size reactionary force on 15 minute deployment standby at LZ Stud) to rescue a Recon patrol in trouble in the DMZ north of Con Thien. My first combat mission, Feb 3-8 1969.

Thanks for reminding me on that one. It was one of my first films about the vietnam war and I literally forgot about it although it is one of the best. Finally I can watch it again.

The thing that never seems to come across in videos and pictures is just how young the soldiers are. The memory I have of the first time I looked at the Marines on my base when I got to the sandbox will forever be etched into my brain. It was like somebody went to your local high school and gave all the kids M4s. Its one of many powerful memories that get to me.

Facman thanks for sharing the videos. They brought back some hard memories but I'll be damned if I ever forget them.

It was like somebody went to your local high school and gave all the kids M4s

Somebody did come to my High School. It was a patriotic motivational speaker, that parroted Kennedy's famous "Ask not what your country can do for you..." line of reasoning.
I was in Boot Camp 2 weeks after my high school graduation and I didn't turn 19 years old until almost 3 weeks after I arrived in The Nam.

Government has to get kids to fight their wars because they don't know any better. The last time you saw full grown men enlisting was after the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor.

Back