Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

The Witcher

Thought I'd like to play this game just to explore. Beautiful scenery.

I suspected that the magic and fantasy aspect might sour the enjoyment.

Third person view was a show stopper for me. Decided against buying it.

The show sounds like a perfect alternative

Really enjoying it, and I've only played 1/4 of the first game!!!! Good production quality, and you can see they'e used the books as a (hopefully?) solid reference point.

Series look nothing like the game. More SJW bullcrap alongside Star Wars, GOT etc etc.

Have watched 3 episodes, so far. I'm very impressed. Very elaborate sets, balanced action verses drama, the characters are rich and consistant (so far), and the sound and music is well matched to the visuals. (Sound and music is a key component of any presentation.)
The storyline is carefully crafted, well paced, consistent and interesting. I've never played it so I have no idea if there is any harmony with the story in game, but the movie/game/book syncronization really doesn't matter. The Lord of The Ring movies were only roughly based on the books but the shows were really great: they were thrilling and entertaining. Star Wars was the only book I've read that matched the movie, but the movie was built before the book was published.

I'm excited about NetFlix's interpretation of the Witcher. It's by far one of the best series I've seen. I've never watched a series twice, but if all the episodes are as well made as the first three, I expect to watch this series about three times. I would like to watch Band of Brothers again someday.

I would DEFINITELY buy this game if the graphics, and fighting, was even close to this movie. From the videos I've seen of the game, it would be a huge disappointment after watching this.

Have watched 3 episodes, so far. I'm very impressed. Very elaborate sets, balanced action verses drama, the characters are rich and consistant (so far), and the sound and music is well matched to the visuals. (Sound and music is a key component of any presentation.)
The storyline is carefully crafted, well paced, consistent and interesting. I've never played it so I have no idea if there is any harmony with the story in game, but the movie/game/book syncronization really doesn't matter. The Lord of The Ring movies were only roughly based on the books but the shows were really great: they were thrilling and entertaining. Star Wars was the only book I've read that matched the movie, but the movie was built before the book was published.

I'm excited about NetFlix's interpretation of the Witcher. It's by far one of the best series I've seen. I've never watched a series twice, but if all the episodes are as well made as the first three, I expect to watch this series about three times. I would like to watch Band of Brothers again someday.

I would DEFINITELY buy this game if the graphics, and fighting, was even close to this movie. From the videos I've seen of the game, it would be a huge disappointment after watching this.

Nice.

Thanks for the info @macjim Im on orders to not watch it since my gf and I are off visiting our fams for the holidays. So wont start watching for a few more weeks.

FYI... the games are great, I beat all 3 of them. The first one was average in my book, very linear, but the lore, characters, and story were great. The second was much better IMO. It was less linear (I think most prefer more open games) with again great story, lore, and characters. Now the third one Wild Hunt is pretty much a masterpiece. A classic RPG in a big open world. I actually played all the DLC and still was willing to play more. That never happens. I rarely buy DLC and when I do I usually play very little of it.

maxresdefault.jpg

Series look nothing like the game. More SJW bullcrap alongside Star Wars, GOT etc etc.

I played all the games and while I loved Witcher 3 it also does include a bit of SJW stuff that seems tacked on. The first game was the most politically incorrect. A much simpler, low budget game, but it had the best atmosphere of the the games, I think.

I played all the games and while I loved Witcher 3 it also does include a bit of SJW stuff that seems tacked on. The first game was the most politically incorrect. A much simpler, low budget game, but it had the best atmosphere of the the games, I think.
I agree. But many games, movies, and tv series that are being made nowadays. Make me want to puke. Though I did enjoy the first parts of Mandolorian.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I watched the first season the other week, knocked it out in 3 nights. It's ok, average at best. I'm coming to realize Im just not into the fantasy genre, at least for movies/TV shows. For gaming/books I dig it. Like with Game of Thrones, I walked after the 2nd season and never returned. This was about the time the show got mega popular. To each his own as they say!

Yeah I watched the first season the other week, knocked it out in 3 nights. It's ok, average at best.
<snipped>

I concur. I watched it all out of curiosity about how it might end. Meh, nothing special.

<snipped>
Like with Game of Thrones, I walked after the 2nd season and never returned. This was about the time the show got mega popular. To each his own as they say!

There we disagree. I found GOT well done except for its final season which was absolute rubbish.

Like many in the english speaking world it was the games that got me hooked and then read the books as they were slowly translated to English over the last few years. The first series was trying to cover off select stories of from the two short story collections and a tiny fraction of the main five book saga.

I think they did a pretty good job but some of the decisions with certain characters are going to come back to haunt them in later series. Certain characters are not meant to be 'that evil' while another character looking very similar to a certain main character but not so here is going to be a big problem a few series from now. I think the budget also ran out towards the end and was a little disappointed with the Battle of Sodden depicted in the last episode. It's only talked about after the fact in the books but it's a pitched battle but not depicted as such in the series.

If I was somehow magically in charge I'd have dropped the whole different timelines editing angle and just focused on Geralt and specific short stories. Maybe a few flashbacks here and there only. The final episode being the sack of Cintra through to Geralt collecting Ciri. Leave the Battle of Sodden for opening season 2. You'd end up at the same point without a lot of the confusion that I've been reading about - particularly for those that haven't read the books and don't appreciate Witchers and Sorcerers live very extended lives compared to ordinary folk.

Still bring on 2021 and season 2. :)

I agree. But many games, movies, and tv series that are being made nowadays. Make me want to puke. Though I did enjoy the first parts of Mandolorian.

I hear what your saying. I gave up on movies years ago and started watching TV series, now that they have turned to junk I am back watching a few movies again. Try the movie Killerman, it wasn't bad. I have also started watching a lot more foreign films and TV shows.

Now that computer games are such professional cinematic productions, I don't really care to watch movies or series... I prefer to play the games instead. I even find the stories told in some games these days are better written and acted than in TV productions.

Back