Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

TRP Facts I Did Not Know

Gunner

FGM Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
As everyone probably knows....

"Target Reference Points are special points on the battlefield which have been “pre-registered” in advance for a support strike. This means that the exact location and distance to a TRP is known to both the spotter and the firing element.
Artillery strikes targeted near a TRP (within 50m) do not require LOS from the spotter, do not use or need spotting rounds, and have a near-zero preparation time (however, the “communication” time is unaffected, so don’t expect battleships or corps-level rockets to be on hair-trigger readiness due to a TRP).
Placement of TRPs during setup is not limited to friendly zones."

But what you may not know.......

"Note: In CMx2, TRPs also double-function as “ambush” markers for regular troops and vehicles. When soldiers fire their weapons at a target near a friendly TRP, they are much better at estimating the range correctly.
Example - we hide a German Panzerschreck team to let the first few vehicles and US infantry pass by before un-hiding and launching a grenade at the side of an enemy tank. This ambush tactic is especially effective if used in conjunction with a friendly Target Reference Point (TRP), as this increases the firing unit’s accuracy for the first shot."

and

"Note: Planned artillery strikes as well as strikes ordered on a TRP can airburst if set to a “personnel” target. This simulates the use of timed fuses. Not all shells will airburst, although airburst capability is much more common in modern war titles."

I just found the above out.
I went to the manual to get detail on TRP's to explain to a team mate and found out more than I anticipated.
Now there's even more to think about at setup. :unsure:

I remember from the CMx1 days that AT guns and Tanks(?) got some advantage from TRPs, never thought about checking with CMx2 and didn't realise that infantry benefit from them as well. Good to know. (y)

Back