Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Try out campaign

jackal

FGM Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Hello,

After ive done some campaings i was thinking of making one myself but first i like to propose my idea looking if guys like the idea ( before i put lots of hours into it) and maybe there is someone who would help me with making the maps or helping finetune my idea.

The campaing itself is a Semi historical so whats actually the area and starting units are historical the reserve units i like to implement are from neighbouring or units that passed by. so didnt see combat in this particular area.

The battlefield wil be in the area of villages i grew up in the Netherslands. the fighting here was between fallscirmjager and the black watch.

The map of the area every space wil be a battlemap of 1500x1500
1693466697447.png

The campaing plan:

This wil be a 3 vs 3 TEAM campaign.

- Core formation
At start every player wil have rough size battalion maybe some less maybe some more. at the start i wil make unit lists. and the players wil decide what they put in the battles because this is the core force loses wil be for the lengt of the game. How im planning on doing this is just preset al the battles in the scenario editor, the players tell me what they wanna use i put it on the map an create the scenario.

- no objectives
im planning on not doing any objectives but its just simple the allies need to break the german lines and the germans defend. the rounds wil be 45 minutes / 1 hour so he endstate of the battle wil be the starting locations of the next battle.

- teamplay
seeming that every player has a rough size company formation between the battles players can shuffle units arround to bolster defenses where they are thinking the enemy would put his main breaktrough force.

So how do we get new units ?

between games when troops are Reshuffled and every team wil get points and a list where they can spend points on like:
- replacments
- new ammo ( because after every round the ammo wil drop)
- tanks
- arty support
- defenses
etc.

This is just the Beta and me just telling my rough idea.
im looking forward to your reactions!

Last edited:
Hello,

After ive done some campaings i was thinking of making one myself but first i like to propose my idea looking if guys like the idea ( before i put lots of hours into it) and maybe there is someone who would help me with making the maps or helping finetune my idea.

The campaing itself is a Semi historical so whats actually the area and starting units are historical the reserve units i like to implement are from neighbouring or units that passed by. so didnt see combat in this particular area.

The battlefield wil be in the area of villages i grew up in the Netherslands. the fighting here was between fallscirmjager and the black watch.

The map of the area every space wil be a battlemap of 1500x1500
View attachment 29816

The would be perfect to use GECCOS on.
Is there a higher definition of that map?

Very interesting

Is there going to be an overall commander? for each side, who does not fight any of the battles but sets the overall strategy/ timing for attacks for the battalion.
The Battalion commander would only be given battle reports and enemy assessments from his company commanders. He would also be the one to assign battalion/regiment assets out to the companies.

How are you going to tell when a battle should end?
I would use a system (I think it was Broadswords) Set the percentage of casualties both side are willing to take in this battle add in a dice roll (1to20) to lower it randomly. Accounts for soft factors. At the end of each turn check that your casualties are still below this number. This then becomes your retreat point. Once you are over this you need to retreat back to a safe position away from the enemy .

I would set all battles up as 4 hour time limits, then battles can last as long as they take and no last minute land grabs before the next battle

Definitely interested in fighting out. Its a real shame BFC havent fullfilled their promise to bring out a Commonwealth pack for CMFB, so many fascinating and hard battles fought in the winter of 44 in the Netherlands and up through Germany. Ye olde CMBN will have to do.

Could Exit Zones be used to allow either side to retreat out of the map?

yess but i whas thinking maybe to make overlapping maps so u can fall back in the map but if u really get breached with exit zones also to move troops nearing the end of the match to reinforce ur buddy's then they wil start right away on the map if u decide it inbetween battles they come as reinforcements with an time penaltie

Back