Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Turn 2: Day 1 Morning

@Ithikial
Here my proposal for the map. We make it simple:
Hex A8 everything is fine.
Hex I11: We just leave 2 Cp./1 Btn./57.RB (Infantry Company) there. The rest of the units should be moved to G/H12 as they were not advancing during Turn 1.

I guess these are just minor changes and should not disrupt FOW or something else.

Hi guys,
re @Ithikial 's request for movement orders, where are we up to with finalising the start points for our units, and making a plan for the next round of battles .... ????

I haven`t any updates on our final starting positions (@Ithikial) and so I am not able to submit my movement orders. As soon the final starting positions are confirmed we are ready to go in a matter of 1 or 2 days....

Expect orders today or tomorrow. I have a ill child at home and my time is very limited. Strategy discussion we already had.

@Ithikial , @PhilM , @Nathangun

Movement orders are finished and can be seen in original size in The Radzymin Soviet HQ folder. Battle Orders will follow as soon the new map is up. Thanks for your patience, I really was busy the last 3 weeks.

I also uploaded a Map for Turn 2 proir to movement. The were some errors in the map you published @Ithikial. One tank company was in there the 2 times and I also adjusted the starting positions for the units mentioned earlier in this thread.

On thing to add. This game is a monster to maintain. We sure have to talk after finishing it to make a next installment easier to handle. It nearly a nightmare.

Turn2_Map_AfterMovement_zpsoeqd5mdw.jpg~original

Cheers Strachwitz just waiting on Odin. Flat out at work but will get to this hopefully Sat night.

Making it easier is already on the agenda for 'next time' for a modern era project I'm thinking of and did some work after Easter on that week off. Big changes... no OOB like this.

Thanks Ithikial. Good to know I was not the last submitting the orders. I think the map is now free of errors. I spent a lot of time checking and rechecking the units and stuff and hopefully all is correct now.

If you have questions regarding the movements don`t hesitate to drop me line. All movement limitations were considered so I think all is OK.

@PhilM @Nathangun :

First of all thank you very much for your strategical considerations and input. I tore to make the best of it but some things we probably wanted to do was not possible.

Especially your considerations PhilM have to wait a bit. I mean the advance on our left flank where your last battle took place. I tried to get units down there to also attack there but we are lacking the needed personnel to do this. We are not only short on infantry but we are also bound to have infantry formations somewhat close together. So I couldn't figure out a way to keep pushing in the centre and also on both other areas.

So I decided to drive on massively in the centre and maybe even in the north. Depends on the German movements. After that we will see how our attack orders look like.

Just as a reminder PhilM will be tasked with the assault in the centre and Nathangun in the north if possible!

@PhilM @Nathangun :

First of all thank you very much for your strategical considerations and input. I tore to make the best of it but some things we probably wanted to do was not possible.

Especially your considerations PhilM have to wait a bit. I mean the advance on our left flank where your last battle took place. I tried to get units down there to also attack there but we are lacking the needed personnel to do this. We are not only short on infantry but we are also bound to have infantry formations somewhat close together. So I couldn't figure out a way to keep pushing in the centre and also on both other areas.

So I decided to drive on massively in the centre and maybe even in the north. Depends on the German movements. After that we will see how our attack orders look like.

Just as a reminder PhilM will be tasked with the assault in the centre and Nathangun in the north if possible!

Thanks for all your work on sorting this, and setting up the next phase ... looking forward to the next battle!

I haven't had a chance to have a look at the map yet, I thought we are pushing on in the center and north.

I agree! Sorry, I wasn't very specific ... but what I meant was, given that that is indeed our overall plan, in view of what the post-movement map now shows, where exactly - and with what - do we now attack?

I'm sure our CO has a plan ... hopefully a cunning one ... :D

I will have a close look into this tonight.
At frist glance it looks like we can definitely push on in the north with the battlefield dimensions of A/B 5 to A/B 8. Units in A9/10 could enter the battle as reinforcements.
In the center I am not sure if we are able to conduct a attack. We could bring in quite a good amount of tanks to advance but we are definietly lacking infantry. We just have 2 Companies (both down to 60%), 1 Company(down to 50%) and a full Tankodesky Company. But still think we somehow have to manage to attack there as well. To keep the momentum...

Back