Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

[TV] Deadwind - Netflix

"Nordic noir, also known as Scandinavian noir or Scandi noir, is a genre of crime fiction usually written from a police point of
view and set in Scandinavia or Nordic countries. Plain language avoiding metaphor and set in bleak landscapes results in a dark
and morally complex mood, depicting a tension between the apparently still and bland social surface and the murder, misogyny,
misandry, rape, and racism it depicts as lying underneath. It contrasts with the whodunit style such as the English country house
murder mystery." -Wiki
----
I first became acquainted with this genre when I got hooked on the "Kurt Wallander" series. The above is a perfect description of
what you can expect if you start this one up. I think they are just a terrific change of pace from the standard detective shows. Be
aware that these stories usually start with the crime and then...sloooowly... move clue-by-clue to solving the murder (or whatever)
mystery. Unlike Hollywood there is usually little unnecessary action sequences. It's all about the solving and little about confrontation.
So, you may have a little difficulty hanging in there for the first couple of episodes. Don't give up!
----
"Deadwind (Finnish: Karppi) is a Finnish crime drama and Nordic noir television series directed and created by Rike Jokela, starring
Pihla Viitala, Lauri Tilkanen, Jani Volanen, and Tommi Korpela. It premiered in Finland in March 2018 on Yle TV2 and in August 2018
on Netflix. The show follows Sofia Karppi, a detective of the Finnish police who is recently widowed in her 30s with two children. She
returns to police work in Helsinki, and her first case is the murder of Anna Bergdahl, a social affairs consultant.
Season 1 received strong reviews after airing in Finland and was compared to the Danish The Killing and to the Danish-Swedish The
Bridge
. Season 2 of the show premiered on Yle TV on April 5, 2020 and was added to Netflix on July 1, 2020. Season 3 of the show
is set to premiere on Yle TV on October 29, 2021. A Netflix release date for the third season has not been announced yet.
----

Excellent. After the recent disasters I've watched this one was very satisfying.
To start with the 12-episode story line had an actual ending (mostly). No cliff hangers. No unanswered
plot questions. No unexplained WTF moments. A real ending.
It was a real whodunnit that I just could not get ahead off. Every time I thought I had a pretty good idea
who the bad guy was it was "Nupe, not him!" So on to the next bad guy. I never got it right and it gave
me every chance to figure it out, or at least lean towards the right direction, but in episode 11 the whole
think kinda takes a left turn and goes in a new direction, leaving my guesses flat footed (see what I did there?).
So, if I have a nit to pick it is a very small one and a bit of a reach. It's a little long and tighter direction could
have helped. Another one is is our protagonist's kids. Why are there always kids that have to have their needs
attended to before we can get back to the plot? (sigh)
So, another season of 8 episodes and it will be interesting to see how things come back together as the last
episode seems written for the series to end. Yes, I see the irony here given my recent TV viewing experiences.
:2charge:

Back