Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

[TV] Grant

Meat Grinder

FGM Lieutenant General
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score

Anyone else watch this? Wife and I are halfway through the second episode (there are 3 total), and I am impressed. It's a very well done documentary, interspersed with equally well done battle recreation scenes. It's given me a better understanding of the American Civil War.

Anyone else watch this? Wife and I are halfway through the second episode (there are 3 total), and I am impressed. It's a very well done documentary, interspersed with equally well done battle recreation scenes. It's given me a better understanding of the American Civil War.

Watched some trailers and excerpts -- looking fwd to when it gets here.

Normally the doccies with re-enactments are painfully cheesy -- but this looks grade A.

Yes, we are. My wife and I have also watched Episodes 1 & 2. We are watching Episode Three tonight. We think it's excellent. I recommend it highly.

Just finished episode one.
If this was more of a movie and not (mostly) a docudrama I'd have issues.
I do have a problem with Justin Salinger's "acting". Did the director tell him portray Grant as taciturn and laconic as possible? He's almost comatose.
I appreciate he was somewhat withdrawn, but really!
And the real photos of Grant's wife? Uh, I'd have hit the bottle sooner than he did.
I'm finding the screen time they give to some of the other historical characters a lot of fun to watch. To see them come to life; very entertaining .
Particularly Craig Jackson as Gen Halleck. Was he really that arrogant? From what I've read, yeah.
Did you see that picture of A. Lincoln when he was younger? I hadn't seen it before. Startling.
Too bad it isn't a bit longer.

Just finished episode one.
If this was more of a movie and not (mostly) a docudrama I'd have issues.
I do have a problem with Justin Salinger's "acting". Did the director tell him portray Grant as taciturn and laconic as possible? He's almost comatose.
I appreciate he was somewhat withdrawn, but really!
<snipped>

I don't have any problems with that as a docudrama. I think that the imagery and albeit wooden acting better support the historical narrative of events. I prefer that kind of detached acting for this kind of show.

Back