Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

[TV] Joe Pickett - Amazon Prime

"Joe Pickett is an American neo-Western crime drama television series based on characters created by novelist C.J. Box. The series is produced
by Paramount Television Studios and was initially released on Spectrum Originals in 2021, and then on Paramount+. The series stars Michael
Dorman, Julianna Guill, Sharon Lawrence, Paul Sparks, Mustafa Speaks, and David Alan Grier. The first season premiered on December 6, 2021,
and consisted of ten episodes. In February 2022, the series was renewed for a second season (nine episodes) which premiered on June 4, 2023,
on Paramount+.
Synopsis
The series follows the life of Joe Pickett, a Wyoming-based game warden, and his family in the small town of Saddlestring and the surrounding
wilderness of Yellowstone National Park." -Wiki
I may have stumbled upon a bit of a hidden gem here. Yeah, the sample size is small (2 episodes), but the protagonist is quickly growing on me.
He was abused as a teenager and it looks like he may have shot/killed his father. His career as a game warden includes unknowingly ticketing the
Governor for fishing w/o a license and on the first day of his new job a poacher takes his gun from him. He presents as a bit of a doofus, but if we
look a little closer... I am shocked to admit that his wife and kids are kinda charming and not the usual whiny family that we usually get in these kind
of shows. It's a little slow paced and that's fine. It works well as we have a chance to see all the things and people he has to deal with as he gets used
to the town and his job. I know this doesn't come across as a ringing endorsement, but it really is.
I like what they've done here and want to see more.
-----

Last edited:
Well, finished this up and am sorry that atm there are no more episodes in the making.
However, the news suggests that more are a possibility. Until the writers' strike comes
to its greedy resolution we won't know.
That said, I can easily give this the "mTk Seal of Approval". It's just so easy to watch. Good
guys are good, bad guys are bad (mostly) and all sides very well acted.

Back