Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

[TV Series] The Expanse

"As much as there are real-life allegations against Alex (Cas Anwar) (proven?), I have enjoyed his character this season. Perhaps with his imminent departure, he is giving it his all?"
The expanse has been renewed for one more, and final (6), season.
I've not read anything about Cas Anwar's "imminent departure." Of course, he's history if the accusations pan out, but for now that's all they are. Netfilx could get all nervous and just kill off his character because
it would be the easier path and worry about his "wrongful termination" lawsuit later. I can see Netflix doing that. We've seen too often "Guilty until proven innocent" nowadays. I'm not a big fan of "Alex" as I don't
think he adds anything special to the show. However, I've been rooting for him for 5 seasons now and it would be a shame if he isn't allowed to cross the finish line.
Guess we'll see.

And Drummer is getting the world shoved down her throat.....
That is a woman I wouldn't mind to care for me if I was having a cold and needed someone to warm me up. And for having something "down her throat", well...

"As much as there are real-life allegations against Alex (Cas Anwar) (proven?), I have enjoyed his character this season. Perhaps with his imminent departure, he is giving it his all?"
The expanse has been renewed for one more, and final (6), season.
I've not read anything about Cas Anwar's "imminent departure." Of course, he's history if the accusations pan out, but for now that's all they are. Netfilx could get all nervous and just kill off his character because
it would be the easier path and worry about his "wrongful termination" lawsuit later. I can see Netflix doing that. We've seen too often "Guilty until proven innocent" nowadays. I'm not a big fan of "Alex" as I don't
think he adds anything special to the show. However, I've been rooting for him for 5 seasons now and it would be a shame if he isn't allowed to cross the finish line.
Guess we'll see.

Reactions: mTk
The last episode of series 5 could easily have been split up in two or three episodes. Everything happened too quickly.

Looking forward to series 6 and hope that will have 13 episodes just like it was in the series 1.

If you haven't watched all of season 5 yet, do not open the spoiler

Ya know the missing protomolecule missile that Monica uncovers in the last episode?

Check out the final missile launched out of the Zmeya at the 20 second mark. Talking about detail!!!

The last episode of series 5 could easily have been split up in two or three episodes. Everything happened too quickly.
I actually preferred the tighter writing there which doesn't drag things out and dull the story line.
(I do sympathize with wishing things we enjoy so much could keep going on and on.)

Looking forward to series 6 and hope that will have 13 episodes just like it was in the series 1.
Agreed!

Well, I already (mostly) knew who was gonna die.
Right up until the last few minutes I was really hoping it would be that whiny Naomi.
Disappointing to know there is only one more season coming. There is soo much more they could do.
Still, what a great show.

Make sure you check out my spoiler from 8 Feb now... ;D

Well, I already (mostly) knew who was gonna die.
Right up until the last few minutes I was really hoping it would be that whiny Naomi.
Disappointing to know there is only one more season coming. There is soo much more they could do.
Still, what a great show.
Of course in the books, the character who died is very much alive.

Of course in the books, the character who died is very much alive.
They had to write him out. His hands have been a bit loose with some comiccon fans apparantly... Rather then replace the actor they just simply wrote him out. I kind of like that all those high g's and "dangerous juice" finally takes a casualty. Not the most heroic way to die, but as Holden said: "it's a risk we all take everyday"

Too bad they'll cram the last three books into the last season. Still can't wait for season 6 though.

I allways thought that The Bellters were called so because they lived on planets and space stations which were like a belt around Earth and Mars. But I have now realised that the Welsh word "Bellter" means distance. So the Bellters in this tv-series are maybe called so because they live distant from Earth and Mars. I know that the Bellter language is a mix of different languages, sometimes with the ending from words of those languages cut off, so it wouldn't surprise me if "Bellter" is one of the Welsh words in the Bellter vocabulary.

I always thought the belters were my old teachers at school... I was told, I received the cane on average two and a half times a day in the second term of the second year. A boy named Mervin received it over three times a day!
I think rawhide was a popular song in those days. :cry:

Back