Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Ultimate Admiral: Age of Sail

Yep, I have Age of Sail and Wooden Ships, Iron Men and this looks like I might have to get this title as well. I like Ultimate General Civil War and UG CW-Gettysburg, so I will be tracking this one for sure. Plus I think there might be a land component as well...

Looks interesting.

Hopefully it will also feature the Danes, which in this era were "not to bite spoons with", as we say :)

Seems to me like the Total War naval game looks more realistic than the Ultimate Admiral. The UA series appears to push the edge of being slightly cartoonish. Not saying I don't like the style because I do. Graphics are always nice and bright and have a smooth flow to them. I am pretty pumped about the UA release.
Yep, I am a big Wooden Ships, Iron Men and Age of Sail fan. I am also looking forward to that Dreadnought title as well...

Im not a fan of the infantry storm the beaches type of battles we are going to see here either. I know its going to be all about nudging infantry units on some narrow ledge to capture a hill.

Big patch and upgrade news.
I think maybe the biggest, next to the new DLC, that interests me the most is that the AI "scaling" technique is now optional.
The next would be the extended gun range. Much more realistic and tactically appealing.
They've been working hard on this.
-----
-----
@olaf " I'm not a fan of the infantry storm the beaches type of battles..."
Not too sure I understand what you're getting at there, or why you would consider that a bad thing.
Anyway, in this game your ships approach a landing spot and drop anchor. Then a bunch of your guys jump in boats, row ashore and start
moving inland to wage the tactical ground combat. I've rarely seen an enemy unit within rifle range of my beach landings so no "storming" so far.

I haven't. Didn't get that far for that big of battle.
Last time I played I eventually gave up because I couldn't win, even at <stupid> difficulty setting.
AI kept scaling bigger and bigger fleets against me. I was always out gunned and out numbered until it just got ridiculous.
Obviously, this could be a "me" issue.
I'm very encouraged by now being able to turn scaling <off> and hope it makes a competitive difference.
Going to start up another British Campaign soon. Rule Britannia!

Back