Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Upgrade questions and upgrade paths

D

DasTiger

Hey guys,

I seem to be having an issue with CMBN and the upgrades/patches.

Back 6 months ago when I went on sabbatical... one of the issues I had was a HD crash. I rebuilt all of that but one of the things I had trouble with was CM and what version what patch and so on. Now I am having trouble figuring it out. I can get CMBN up to 3.11 but when I download CMMG it takes me back to 2.10 and I can see the CMBN, CMCW and CMMG icons in the lower left part of the screen. When I install the 3.11 upgrade the CMCW and CMMG icons disappear but I am up to version 3.11. I have tried different install orders for the modules and upgrades but always endup back to 3.11 for CMBN only....

Any ideas or suggestions as to what order to load everything or is there all inclusive installer that loads everything. I have bought all of them (except the weapons pack; but would buy it if needed) and can download everything again if I need to.

Help!!!!!

Hey guys,

I seem to be having an issue with CMBN and the upgrades/patches.

Back 6 months ago when I went on sabbatical... one of the issues I had was a HD crash. I rebuilt all of that but one of the things I had trouble with was CM and what version what patch and so on. Now I am having trouble figuring it out. I can get CMBN up to 3.11 but when I download CMMG it takes me back to 2.10 and I can see the CMBN, CMCW and CMMG icons in the lower left part of the screen. When I install the 3.11 upgrade the CMCW and CMMG icons disappear but I am up to version 3.11. I have tried different install orders for the modules and upgrades but always endup back to 3.11 for CMBN only....

Any ideas or suggestions as to what order to load everything or is there all inclusive installer that loads everything. I have bought all of them (except the weapons pack; but would buy it if needed) and can download everything again if I need to.

Help!!!!!

The BattleFront store for CMBN says this:

New CM:BN master installers!
Saturday, 20 December 2014

As previously rumored, we have now updated all CM:BN packages available for purchase to Game Engine Version 3.0, meaning that all of the packages available in the www.battlefront.com/store now are fully up to date v3.11. This also marks the end of life of CM:BN v2.x, which has now been discontinued.

As part of this update, we have also implemented our new master installer system for CM:BN. Here are some of the highlights:

1- every full version download will always be up to date from now on and always include the latest updates. No need to patch after purchase. And if you need to re-install at some later point, simply re-download your purchase and you will always have the latest version without the need to apply individual patches.

up_to_date.png

2- every full version download including a base game purchase, or the 3.0 Upgrade, now contains the full master installer for the entire family including all modules and packs. This means if you purchase just the base game, and later decide to purchase a module, you will not have to download anything at all! All you'll need is the license key from your purchase to unlock the module content which you'll already have!

3- we implemented this system retroactively for all 3.0 Engine Upgrade purchases! Your store download for that purchase now points to a full master installer, including all of the content for Normandy, updated to v3.11. If you ever need to reinstall, that's the only thing you need. And, as per 1- above, this download will always remain up to date in the future.
Re-download the master installer (assuming you have a paid for v3.0) ... it includes all the content, but you have to (re)activate any and all modules you have paid for, after you first activate the base game. So the icons for the modules are greyed out until you reactivate each one in turn from the master installer content ...

Make sense?

Back