Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Wars of Gods and Men II (WoGaM II)

kronenblatt

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
In case you’re interested in the era around the fall of Assyria (seventh century BC) and not shy (!) of visiting the Slitherine forum, I’m seeking some new blood in the form of four players to a reworked sequel to the Wars of Gods and Men campaign (this is the LINK to the campaign thread on the Slitherine forum). Will start after summer, in August.

Wars of Gods and Men II

... A river flowed out of Eden to water the garden, and there it divided and became four rivers. The name of the first is the Pishon. It is the one that flowed around the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold. And the gold of that land is good; bdellium and onyx stone are there. The name of the second river is the Gihon. It is the one that flowed around the whole land of Cush. And the name of the third river is the Tigris, which flows east of Assyria. And the fourth river is the Euphrates...

...Against him came up Shalmaneser king of Assyria. And Hoshea became his vassal and paid him tribute. But the king of Assyria found treachery in Hoshea, for he had sent messengers to So, king of Egypt, and offered no tribute to the king of Assyria, as he had done year by year. Therefore the king of Assyria shut him up and bound him in prison. Then the king of Assyria invaded all the land and came to Samaria, and for three years he besieged it. In the ninth year of Hoshea, the king of Assyria captured Samaria, and he carried the Israelites away to Assyria and placed them in Halah, and on the Habor, the river of Gozan, and in the cities of the Medes...

... And he will stretch out his hand against the north and destroy Assyria, and he will make Nineveh a desolation, a dry waste like the desert...

... And the Assyrian shall fall by a sword, not of man; and a sword, not of man, shall devour him; and he shall flee from the sword, and his young men shall be put to forced labor...

(various parts of the Bible)

The river lands and the prosperous east mediterranean coast of the late seventh century BC. Five major factions - Egyptian, Lydian, Assyrian, Babylonian, and Median, each with their own gods and divine rulers - have long dominated the region, pitted against each other for a clash over supremacy of these cradles of civilisations. Now, the minor factions - Hebrew, Phoenician, Cypriote, Ionian Greek, Bithynian Thracian, Cimmerian, Urartian, Mannaean, Elamite, and Persian - for too long enslaved and summoned to serve in their masters' armies, are rising!

The Wars of Gods and Men II (WoGaM II) campaign involves five players, like in the first campaign, but now with the tables turned in that players instead represent minor factions, fighting each other and the original major factions for supremacy and dominance over the region. Each player uses the armies of two minor factions (one as main army, one as allies, which one being which to be selectable for each individual battle and situation). In addition, players can use major factions' armies as allies if conquering their provinces.

Minor factions to be distributed among the five players
  • Hebrew and Phoenician
  • Cypriote and Cimmerian
  • Thracian and Greek
  • Urartian and Mannaean
  • Elamite and Persian

FA7EKss.png

Last edited:
Would you mind providing the hyperlink to this on the Slitherine forums?

In case you’re interested in the era around the fall of Assyria (seventh century BC) and not shy (!) of visiting the Slitherine forum, I’m seeking some new blood in the form of four players to a reworked sequel to the Wars of Gods and Men campaign (LINK). Will start after summer, in August.

It's already under LINK above and in the first post (and put it here as well), so click on those and you'll be "transmitted" there. :)

The in-game download of the campaign modules (MP as well as SP) is now available, for those who want to have a look at the army lists in this campaign (basically base game army lists but with campaign-specific allies).

• The Wars of Gods and Men v2 module is needed to set up and play battles with the appropriate allies.
  • Download the module through the following usual steps:
    1. Click on the Download community scenarios button at the top of the main screen of the game.
    2. Select Wars of Gods and Men MP Custom Battles v2.
    3. Click on Download the Selected Campaign.
  • The mod will then be automatically saved into the the My Games\FieldOfGlory2\MULTIPLAYER\ folder, within the MP_WARS_GODS_MEN_V2 subfolder.
  • (The single-player (SP) version is available for download in the same way, allowing the use of Wars of Gods and Men armies in battles against the AI.)

vF8vfBH.png

May I sign up for "Hebrew and Phoenician"?
The different factions will be allocated to players, depending on the set of players participating (and their experience and skills), in order to create a level playfield, and of course also based on players’ preferences.

So could you please provide your top-three wish list and I’ll do my best to accommodate all players once I’ve got the list of participants firmed up. Thanks.

Last edited:
Back