Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Wasteland 3

Not all sunshine and flowers. I got into the bunker w/o any radiation problems, but once there I couldn't get over the issue of lacking in nerd skill to use the computer for that last hallway that is protected by some kind of force field. Two of them actually. Gave it a try in running through...ouch, ouch, ouch, NOPE!
-
So decided to do the Charlie Knowes mission to take down the Bizarre. A little worried about the choice, however I'm promised $1000 for helping and I need the cash. No love lost with the current management. So took down all the remaining members of the Monster Army including "Flab" w/o too much difficulty. The problem is I am seriously short on ammo! It didn't help that after the fight negotiations went badly and I had to take out Charlie and his band of thugs too. The Bizarre has closed which seemed odd to me. Why wouldn't the business owners run it themselves? Well, they chose not to. This means there is no longer anything to buy, including ammo. At least I have med kits. And I managed to "nerd up" as well so there's that.
-
Was getting ready to head back to the Bunker when I rec'd a radio call that someone needs immediate rescue from the pig cellar. Of course us brave Rangers can't pass up someone in need so here we go. We can go pretty fast because we don't have to worry about ammo weighing us down.
-
Oh, take note. I was driving my newly upgraded truck around enjoying the view when all my guys turned red and died. Apparently the rad levels fluctuate near the bunker and I did not notice. Rads were were more than my newly protected chassis can handle. So be careful out there.

I did the exact opposite with Charlie Knowes. I narced on him quickly (he had annoyed me with his shenanigans during the Little Las Vegas mission), and now I have a 30% discount at the Bizarre, which is handy. Of course, Flab asks you to do the fighting, but I secured some nice gear taking down Charles. I have a ton of ammo, especially since I changed one of my two Assault Rifle guys to a 5.56 rifle, while the other kept the 7.62. Then I upgraded my heavy weapons trooper to a 50 cal machinge gun. So now I have different ammo types for each Ranger, which prevents excessive usage of one bullet type. The only ammo I sometimes run low on is the 30.06 for the snipers.
I'm close to having a high enough level to start the first of the main storyline missions.

Last edited:
I was soo jealous that I decided a little alternate history might be in order as I much preferred your outcome to mine. And if I'm not getting my $1000 from
Charlie, and have to kill him anyway, how about if Flabs will pay me to kill Charlie, reward me and the Bizarre is left in tact. How about that? Well, I was able to find a save
that didn't take too long to accomplish my goal and life is good. Uh, better. It all worked out and I managed to have acquired enough ammo to carry on without depending on
scrounging.
I wonder who needed help in the cellar? That mission doesn't show up now. Hmm.

ATM I am stumped how to drop that force field in the Monster bunker. No amount of computer use combinations have worked.
Never mind.
Thought it was a computer puzzle. When that didn't work I walked all through the bunker again and turned off all the individual power boxes
in all the rooms. Why/how they would shut down the force fields I'll never know.

Last edited:
I was soo jealous that I decided a little alternate history might be in order as I much preferred your outcome to mine. And if I'm not getting my $1000 from
Charlie, and have to kill him anyway, how about if Flabs will pay me to kill Charlie, reward me and the Bizarre is left in tact. How about that? Well, I was able to find a save
that didn't take too long to accomplish my goal and life is good. Uh, better. It all worked out and I managed to have acquired enough ammo to carry on without depending on
scrounging.
I wonder who needed help in the cellar? That mission doesn't show up now. Hmm.
Sometimes LESS brute force get’s the job done Mr. Finesse...

Next up my Rangers and I needed to head to Denver to advance the story line.
It didn't take long for me to realize that everyone their is batshite insane in one degree or another.
Try homicidal, sociopathic killers and other psychotic maniacs in the extreme! Oh, and some of them are cannibals too.
In the end I suspect I'll have to kill them all. ATM I'm being very careful about how I respond to conversations.
I still run into things I am unable to do because my skill levels are just one short of capable. Grrr.

Denver just keeps getting more creepy.
First, you've got the Gippers who worship a giant, mechanical, God-President Reagan. They are just polished-stone crazy. I agreed to help them as a quid pro quo deal to further my mission.
Then I ran in to the Gobfishers. They are simple to understand. Cannibal killers. I kind of admire their brute force ways though.
Then I met the robots in the Machine Commune. They were all downright friendly until I had my meet with the Boss Robot, the M.I. Tower if you will. He grilled me about every interaction I'd had
with a robot to date! I got the impression if I failed to meet its standards we were all dead. Fortunately, except where I shot that synth in the ear a while back, we passed the test.
While the robots seem to be the most rational of the groups, there is something downright sinister about the collective. The fact a bunch of them look like giant spiders and scorpions is not a plus.
"Spiders! Why do there always have to be spiders?" - Prof. Indiana Jones (to paraphrase)
I agreed to the Robot's demands for assistance in return for their support. No biggie, as I'd already decided to double cross the Gippers anyway. With robotic help (not sure what that actually will be),
I'm hoping it is the easier path.
"I have a bad feeling about this, Chewy." -Han Solo

Last edited:
In Denver there are 3 choices on how to proceed. None of them (AFAIK) particularly favorable.
As a result I chose to side w/the 'bots. Hopefully, this decision will not end up biting me in the butt somewhere down the road. It easily could in that I have
left their commune in tact. Was kind of a no-brainer I guess in that I don't see how I could have out fought them. The end result was a huge firefight with the
"Gippers" and the eradication of the cannibals. A decent day's work as I captured one of the Patriarch's three sons required of me in the story quests.
-
Now it's time for a little R&R and to spend all my money on meds and ammo. Then, there is a mini-boss that needs to be located and taken down.
All I know is that he and his gang are somewhere west of Colorado Springs. This means getting into my ATV and blindly driving around until something/someone stops me.
What could go wrong? :confused:

In Denver there are 3 choices on how to proceed. None of them (AFAIK) particularly favorable.
As a result I chose to side w/the 'bots. Hopefully, this decision will not end up biting me in the butt somewhere down the road. It easily could in that I have
left their commune in tact. Was kind of a no-brainer I guess in that I don't see how I could have out fought them. The end result was a huge firefight with the
"Gippers" and the eradication of the cannibals. A decent day's work as I captured one of the Patriarch's three sons required of me in the story quests.
-
Now it's time for a little R&R and to spend all my money on meds and ammo. Then, there is a mini-boss that needs to be located and taken down.
All I know is that he and his gang are somewhere west of Colorado Springs. This means getting into my ATV and blindly driving around until something/someone stops me.
What could go wrong? :confused:

I just finished Denver last night. As it turns out, I chose the same path as you did. That firefight with the Gippers at the end was thoroughly enjoyable. Just very well done. I had to revive my sniper, but the Party Bot gift from the Machine Commune really helped out with the healing. I mainly chose to side with the Machine Commune because of their gift shop. Have you interacted with that bot? He is in the Denver ruins, close to the gold star that takes you to the Commune. He has some great stuff! Of course, I didn't have enough money, so I will have to come back some day. I absolutely need that Commando Armor.
The whole Ronald Reagan thing was hilarious. I loved how the Gippers would shout out "Die Commie", or "Take that Communist" every time they shot at you.

@Meat Grinder. But, but, the robots seemed sooooooooo nice! To quote mTk, "What could go wrong?"

Back