Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

WEBSITE PROBLEMS...

Sempai

FGM Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Dear Staff!

Whoever is in charge of that: I have massive problems with some functions of the website. So far it is the delete function of "moderators/administrators" for the CMx1 section and the Alerts function in the right upper corner of the screen. Means if I "activate" that functions the loading process starts but never is done. Maybe there are more probs but that is what springs to my eyes currently.
Did You any changing the last days concerning the programm/software of the site?

Would it be possible to look at that the near future to solve it?

Greetings :)

Ok the alert function seems to work fine. Hover over it or click it and it either shows a drop down for hover or opens a new page when clicked.

And what exactly is wrong with the delete function... I need you to explain better. No upgrades have been made to the site in a couple of months so if it is a new issue I suspect it is at your end of things as nothing has changed round here.

Hm, alert function still works only if I use the detour via "Profil Page" window. Direct click or hover action about the Alerts button starts loading but it never comes to an end. :( Same for the delete and edit function of posts/threads. Concerns both, my own already posted posts and the CMx1 posts at CMx1 section and the Military Music section.
For all these functions I click on them, in the right upper corner of the screen starts the loading symbol but then it doesn´t come to an end. So the process isn´t completed. :(
The only what I changed on my end in the latest past was to create a new account for Youtube. But I can´t imagine that should be the problem.
Nevertheless thank You for the info!

Seems the reason is the latest update of the browser. I installed another one and now all goes smooth so far as I can see.

Nobody ever said something like that! Not even thought that. But it had could be You changed something for a better performance or added new features or whatever. That didn´t mean You made a failure.
Currently I have to open a new tab everytime to get the login working. Probably a setting I didn´t find so far is responsible therefor. I will look further.

I can´t believe it. Now I have the same problems with the new browser even it worked yesterday. And I can´t use smilies button anymore. That is totally weird.

Greetings :(

mozilla firefox?

Sorry, totally overlooked Your answer. Hence my late reaction to Your question.

P.S.: Is it possible OpenH-264 video codec is responsible for my problems?

Ok does anyone else here use Mozilla Firefox and are you experiencing problems. I use Chrome and it works fine.. have tried running it with Firefox and it works fine. If we can find someone else or everyone else with your problem then we have a site side problem... if it is just you then its a user side problem... we need to identify that first.

As I had earlier said I changed the browser because of that. Now if I use the incognito mode/window of IRON browser ("Chrome for free") all works fine. If I don´t use the incognito window I have the same problem as with Firefox. :( Maybe that info helps a bit to find the origin of the problem. Cookies and Cache I empty regulary.

P.S.: And thanks for Your efforts!

Can't see any problems on this end at this stage. Ensure Firefox is up to date, they just had a big update a little while back I think. Mine is set to auto update so unsure of the technical changes.

Thank You, Ithikila! That is standard for me. Sadly that is not the solution. Here the problems in short again - maybe that help to find a solution:

- I can only use the FGM website without almost any problem) if I use Icognito Mode of the IRON Browser (Chrome variant) but that has other problems what nerve. Otherwise there these problems:
- all what has to do with edit and delete functions especially on administrator/moderator level don´t work (loading forever - freezes)
- same counts for the alert function in the upper right corner of the FGM website (hover & enroll function freezes)
- after installing another browser (what worked fine just after installing) the next day it has the same problems

So in general freezing of the mentioned funtions is the problem.

If I´m right that started after the last update of Firefox. But I can´t be sure of it. Only the timepoints are/lay very tight together. I opened a Youtube account but that was later on if I remember right.

I regulary (almost every day) make a complete scan (highest security level) with my anti-virus software. So I´m relatively sure virus or maleware can´t be the problem. On the other hand it is really weird that the second installed browser makes the same problems (as the first one) after one day it works without problems.

I think so.

Nowadays a popup appears regulary wherever I go. It is named "dxweather..." something and shows US weather. I assume FGM website didn´t make some adware contract with them. Seems I have some adware??? chatched then? Anyone has advices where I can find the concerning file/data to delete it? My Kaspersky don´t show a problem. That´s really odd.

Back