Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Welcome to CM2 H2H Scenario Matchmaking

Badger73

One of the Few
FGM MEMBER
This forum provides a place for accommodating non-ladder H2H scenario matches. Scenario's by their nature are often unbalanced for H2H play. This is why there are very few Scenario Ladder Matches reported. Yet there are many Battlefront and User Community scenario's which deserve greater attention and play. FGM members playing through H2H scenario's deserve greater recognition as well. FGM Scenario Matchmaking is not about "taking scalps" but rather "counting coup". There is plenty of wampum to go around and much satisfaction gained from measuring outcomes of friendly play in uneven or unbalanced situations.

Purpose: The purpose of this forum is twofold:
1) Provide a dedicated space for Scenario Match non-ladder challenges.
2) Provide a place where players can record matches played and post AAR's.

Process: The process in this forum is to create a match request, record when the match completes, and, optionally, post an AAR (After Action Report)
1) Members should post their non-ladder scenario match requests as new threads in this fourm.
2) Members who complete such matches and post scenario outcomnes in this forum will receive an Award Ribbon recognizing their efforts.
3) The H2H Scenario Player 2019 award will come with multiple devices; the Basic Award and an additional pip for every ten matches completed during the year.

PLAYTESTING USER MADE SCENARIO'S COUNT FOR THIS AWARD AS WELL.

The "CM2 H2H Scenario Player" award is not about winning as much as it is about playing well within the situation designed. Enjoy the challenges. Good luck and good gaming!

I only just discovered that forum, via WillS's entry. Good to know: I've played a few scenarios that seemed very unbalanced, and not fit for ladder

I miss the CMx1 scenarios, and wished that someone who is experienced at creating scenarios could have updated some of the oldies for CMx2. It must be hard to create a scenario for CMx2 because new scenarios are harder and harder to find, whereas in CM x1 it seemed every week you can download a new scenario that was really fun to play, especially some that were created from the old Avalon Hill Squad Leader Boardgame, which I had played for many years.

To me, playing an unbalanced scenario for the ladder isn't as important as the gamesmanship of the opponent. I'd rather lose badly to a gamer I can call a friend, who I have much in common with, and enjoy playing against than to beat someone who only cares about ladder status and really isn't good at sportsmanship. I find that good players can take an unbalanced side and still win against lesser experienced opponents, and second of all, I am not that experienced to be able to tell if a scenario is badly unbalanced (unless it's a real dog!) or not. I still can have a good time losing, but each time I lose I gain experience, which in the long run will help me become a better, tougher opponent.

Count me in, there have been many examples of confrontations fought with unbalanced resources and poor odds which have had a significant impact on the course or outcome of a wider conflict.

I have made much of a scenario for Final Blitz in which the Germans are the underdogs with the mission to defend a quite large area (huge scenario map). It is intended for a single player game but I haven't had much time to do the AI movements so I thought maybe someone would like to try it out as an H2H game?

If two FGM:ers would like to try it and maybe give some feedback I could upload the scenario to the new Scenario Depot's proving grounds.

Last edited by a moderator:
To me, playing an unbalanced scenario for the ladder isn't as important as the gamesmanship of the opponent. I'd rather lose badly to a gamer I can call a friend, who I have much in common with, and enjoy playing against than to beat someone who only cares about ladder status and really isn't good at sportsmanship. I find that good players can take an unbalanced side and still win against lesser experienced opponents, and second of all, I am not that experienced to be able to tell if a scenario is badly unbalanced (unless it's a real dog!) or not. I still can have a good time losing, but each time I lose I gain experience, which in the long run will help me become a better, tougher opponent.
Absolutely Rich, there are some great scenarios out there that are unbalanced, just like real life.
I start some battles and think 'I'll never win here but let's see how much I can do before getting beaten'. It's the sportsmanship, knowing my opponent just wants a challenge too and enjoying the fight, even when you're taking the worst battering.
Great idea!

Erm, for some reason I thought this was a new thread! Didn't see the date. Oh well, glad to have found it anyway ...

Good intentions but the thread has become a multi-game general opponent finder thread..I'm sure most people have not read any older messages on here to know what the thread was originally designed for

Back