Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

What are you listening to right now?

My Dad would sing and play a guitar when putting us to bed as young kids. He built guitars as a hobby. Our favorites were “Sink the Bismarck”, and this one....

Speaking of dads, mine taught himself to play the guitar and when he was in the merchant navy (before he went into the army for 22 yrs) he bought a beautiful guitar in Japan, black with pearl inlay on the neck...........he used to sing these two songs to us........

And he loves Johnny Cash, so this was the other one....I knew the words off by heart before I was 6 yrs old.

Steve

These two are great together, and also on their own........

Steve

I saw KD in concert several/many years ago. Just an amazing talent.
I can probably count on one hand those singers I would describe as having a musical instrument for a voice. She's one.
Towards the end of the show she came out after a costume change and said, "And now I would like to do for you a medley of my hit."
Killer line.
And this is it:
---
"Constant Craving" is a song written by k.d. lang and Ben Mink, and performed by k.d. lang on her album Ingénue. The song first made the charts in 1992,
and won her the Grammy Award for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance in 1993 and an MTV Video Music Award for Best Female Video. 'Constant Craving'
peaked at number eight on Canada's RPM Top Singles chart and number 38 on the US Billboard Hot 100, giving Lang her only US top-40 hit to date. It also
reached number two on the Billboard Hot Adult Contemporary Tracks chart. In the United Kingdom, the song was initially a modest hit when released in 1992,
but following a reissue in 1993 in the wake of its American success, it reached a new peak of number 15 on the UK Singles Chart." - WIki
---
---
p.s. She's Canadian. Of course.

Last edited:
I saw KD in concert several/many years ago. Just an amazing talent.
I can probably count on one hand those singers I would describe as having a musical instrument for a voice. She's one.
Towards the end of the show she came out after a costume change and said, "And now I would like to do for you a medley of my hit."
Killer line.
And this is it:
---
"Constant Craving" is a song written by k.d. lang and Ben Mink, and performed by k.d. lang on her album Ingénue. The song first made the charts in 1992,
and won her the Grammy Award for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance in 1993 and an MTV Video Music Award for Best Female Video. 'Constant Craving'
peaked at number eight on Canada's RPM Top Singles chart and number 38 on the US Billboard Hot 100, giving Lang her only US top-40 hit to date. It also
reached number two on the Billboard Hot Adult Contemporary Tracks chart. In the United Kingdom, the song was initially a modest hit when released in 1992,
but following a reissue in 1993 in the wake of its American success, it reached a new peak of number 15 on the UK Singles Chart." - WIki
---
---
p.s. She's Canadian. Of course.
I saw KD in concert with Tony Bennett. Those two had a certain synergy. Amazing show.

Back