Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

What are you listening to right now?

Supertramp in Paris? Genesis, Pink Floyd, Queen?
@steve wow, you've been to some epic concerts man! :whistle:

So Queen was the best live show?
I'm guessing because of Mercury's showmanship, engaging the crowd.

Supertramp in Paris? Genesis, Pink Floyd, Queen?
@steve wow, you've been to some epic concerts man! :whistle:

So Queen was the best live show?
I'm guessing because of Mercury's showmanship, engaging the crowd.
Been lucky to see some great musicians over the years - for me Freddie was the ultimate front man.
I will stop and listen to folk playing on the street too, any sort of music really.
Others I have seen live include:
David Bowie
The Pat Metheny Band
Van Morrison
Michael Buble
Billy Ocean
Howard Jones
Tears for Fears
Bananarama
Midge Ure
Deep Purple
Manfredd Manns Earth Band
The Jam

Oh the joys of a mispent youth
I would dearly have loved to have seen The Eagles but that one passed me by.
If I had to choose one album only to have in my possession to listen to, without doubt it would be Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd.

Steve

Mispent? I'd say you spent it well.
Keep the rhythm and melody going mate.
Thanks
There’s always been music playing in my house.
I grew up listening to Johnny Cash, The Seekers, Carpenters etc.
I used to listen to Radio Luxembourg at night with my transistor radio under my pillow as I am sure many others did.
I am also a legend in my own bathroom when I sing in the shower , and an absolute expert at air guitar and air drums.
Steve

Been lucky to see some great musicians over the years - for me Freddie was the ultimate front man.
I will stop and listen to folk playing on the street too, any sort of music really.
Others I have seen live include:
David Bowie
The Pat Metheny Band
Van Morrison
Michael Buble
Billy Ocean
Howard Jones
Tears for Fears
Bananarama
Midge Ure
Deep Purple
Manfredd Manns Earth Band
The Jam

Oh the joys of a mispent youth
I would dearly have loved to have seen The Eagles but that one passed me by.
If I had to choose one album only to have in my possession to listen to, without doubt it would be Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd.

Steve
@steve,

Lucky sod you are :)

Been to more than a few concerts myself over the years but like you, the two I most regret not seeing are the Eagles and Pink Floyd. Although I did catch the touring Australian Pink Floyd show if that counts for maybe a half point :D and I have to say it wasn't half bad.

However my best show experience was catching Bruce Springsteen back in the day (1981) when we were both much younger here in Montreal when he was out on his 'The River" tour. His set list encompassed 31 songs, and it was close to a 3 hour show. Epic !

Keep on rockin' in the free world eh!

Cheers !

@Nort here's a clip of Led Zepp, same year same place. Did you have 'groovy' 70's hair too? ;)

Never been a diehard fan of the Eagles, but I just saw this clip of them rehearsing - great vocals in harmony here...goosebumps.

Last edited:
"Rule Britannia, Britannia, rule the waves
Britons never, never, shall be slaves"

Except for the Romans. And the Saxons.
And the Vikings, the Danes, the French, and the Normans (whose royals still rule today?). ;)

@Nort here's a clip of Led Zepp, same year same place. Did you have 'groovy' 70's hair too? ;)

Never been a diehard fan of the Eagles, but I just saw this clip of them rehearsing - great vocals in harmony here...goosebumps.

Only as long as my dad would allow … which was not nearly as long as I wanted.

Back