Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

What are you listening to right now?

Love this one!. We are from the same era. A song with a lot of energy.(y)
You know Louis, there is a back story here. “Gloria” has become the unofficial victory song for the St Louis Blues, the NHL team me and the rest of my family support. Somehow four Blues players latched onto this song while visiting a bar in Philadelphia prior to a Blues-Flyers game when the Blues had the worst record in the NHL. They won against the Flyers and started a streak of success that has taken them from dead last place onJanuary 3rd, my birthday BTW, to playing the Bruins in the Stanley Cup finals. So the Blues now play Gloria After every home victory.

The irony in all this is that the bar inPhilly where these Blues players picked up on Gloria is now actively supporting the Blue’s run for the cup. I am sure that these Philly folks are not necessarily for the Blues all that much more than they despise the Bruins, because if you know anything about Philly sports fans, well, let’s just say if it ain’t the Phillies, Sixers, Eagles or Flyers, it’s the enemy. So it is nothing short of amazing that a Philly bar and it’s patrons are now die hard Blues supporters. Great backstory about this on the net.

Go Blues!

Last edited:
2nd song on my randomiser today - seems oddly appropriate for some vague reason.

Though I'm sleep deprived and been stressed for 5 days - I had to (pretend to) be normal for 5 days & nights straight.

Reactions: mTk
First song that came up on my i pod when I put it on shuffle after landing at Gatwick at the end of my holiday.......can't get much more english or better than this.....

Steve

It's no secret that this lady had a fantastic singing voice, and here she is with one of my favourites.......she really could sing just about anything beautifully.........the arrangement on this is also sublime.....

Steve

This guy really captures the essence of the original versions of both these songs.........

Steve

This man had a fantastic voice..........(and I've murdered this song many a time in the car, thankfully for everyone else, with the windows up:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)

Steve

For the connoisseurs of Sandy Denny amongst you, here is a fine cover of her greatest piece of work.......this is a lovely arrangement.......

Steve

My favourite, from my limited country playlist ;) Picked this up from a movie where a family were under siege from everyone in town. Listened to it many times with a few drinks under the belt.

Back