Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

What conflict/armies would you like to see in the next installment of Combat mission games?

ARKSh7R

FGM New Member
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
So, personally, I would really love to see 3 different conflicts/eras in the Combat Mission engine.
1. Yugoslav wars. These wars were brutal and have a lot of potential. Play as Croats, Serbs, Bosnians, Albanians, NATO and the various nationalistic militant groups. Granted, a lot of the equipment is copy and paste with slight variation, I would love to have some historical scenarios based in this era.
2. Rhodesian Bush Wars/African Civil wars. A game that puts you in control of the numerous alphabet soup groups and African nations from the 60s and 70s would just be a fun thematic to see.
3. Theoretical WW3. I'm talking all the "super powers" and strong militaries of the world here. NATO nations, Russia, China, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Turkey, Australia, Canada, India, UAE, South Korea, Japan, Portugal, etc. But if i had to choose a small group, I'd say maybe a clash between Western and Eastern Interests in somewhere like Iraq/Iran/Pakistan. US/France/Germany/Turkey vs China/Russia/Insurgents/Local Nation (Pakistan/Iraq/Iran)

I would be interested to see the series explore either actual and / or theoretical conflicts that were geographically centered around Vietnam, the Korean Peninsula, and Central & South America regions.

Cheers !

So, personally, I would really love to see 3 different conflicts/eras in the Combat Mission engine.
2. Rhodesian Bush Wars/African Civil wars. A game that puts you in control of the numerous alphabet soup groups and African nations from the 60s and 70s would just be a fun thematic to see.
I would like to see Combat Mission Bush Wars. :)

gjuXZ73h.jpg

UDacBmsh.jpg

I would be interested to see the series explore either actual and / or theoretical conflicts that were geographically centered around Vietnam, the Korean Peninsula, and Central & South America regions.

Cheers !
Combat Mission Southeast Asia would also be cool.

KfWcCnsh.jpg

CxGS9kph.jpg

lw0ot3fh.jpg

My5rXb9h.jpg

The Graviteam games feature these conflicts.

I would like to see a modern-ish Koran War......or maybe a time split like they done with CMCW.... a historical timeframe and then another outbreak of hostilities in say the 90's since late 70s early 80s and early 2000s are already covered

Personally, I would prefer to see improvements of the underlying game before being interested in any new wars, but Korea, Vietnam and the war in the Pacific would be interesting. Also early war WW2. And the Spanish Civil War.

I support the above comment regarding 'improvements first', e.g. tank riders in CMBN, trees get blown to bits, trees do not protect tanks hiding behind them from AP, vehicles turn corners faster, burning trees, burning buildings, clarify differences to cover value of different building types. Maybe just start over with with an engine that doesn't constrain linear objects to orthogonal/diagonal. ... ah what the heck. I'm too old to see the next iteration anyway.

I support the above comment regarding 'improvements first', e.g. tank riders in CMBN, trees get blown to bits, trees do not protect tanks hiding behind them from AP, vehicles turn corners faster, burning trees, burning buildings, clarify differences to cover value of different building types. Maybe just start over with with an engine that doesn't constrain linear objects to orthogonal/diagonal. ... ah what the heck. I'm too old to see the next iteration anyway.

I'm probably also too old to see the next version, and I'm only 42.

The development of the game seems to have completely stagnated for years now.

Last edited:
It would be nice if they would open or partially open the code to the community so that programmers among us could overlay patches to fix the humbugs - the way that the Silent Hunter III and Wings Over Flanders Fields communities have done over the years, the latter programming on top of Microsoft's ancient Combat Flight Simulator III.

Back