Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

What has he been smoking?

OBAMA: I’VE RESTORED THE US AS THE ‘MOST RESPECTED COUNTRY IN THE WORLD’

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015...s-as-the-most-respected-country-in-the-world/

Monday while President Barack Obama was answering questions at a town hall with YSEALI Fellows, an exchange program for community leaders from ASEAN, The Association of Southeast Asian Nations, he said his administration has restored the Untied States as the “the most respected country on earth.”

Obama said, “People don’t remember, but when I came into office, the Untied States in world opinion ranked below China and just barley above Russia, and today once again, the Untied States is the most respected country on earth. Part of that I think is because of the work we did to reengage the world and say we want to work with you as partners with mutual interests and mutual respect. It was on that basis we were able to end two wars while still focusing on the very real threat of terrorism and try to work with our partners in Iraq and Afghanistan. It’s the reason why we are moving in the direction to normalize relations with Cuba and the nuclear deal that we are trying to negotiate with Iran.”

What two wars they have ended? The two they are responsable for having started at all? And they still focusing on terrorism? That must be self focussing then. Time for Obama to take his time in the asylum.

Greetings :)

My self the USA can always be criticized because of the roll they play in this World
meaning they do like to police the World......Easy to find fought with any body
who sticks there neck out........It wouldn't surprise me if one day they turned round
and said to the rest of the World Go F**k your selves we are going to look after our self.

.......It wouldn't surprise me if one day they turned round
and said to the rest of the World Go F**k your selves we are going to look after our self.

I wish they would! We would all be better off.

They were not so crazy about jumping in until Pearl Harbor... At least the public opinion and the companies that were in business with Germany.
The Marshall plan after the war was not only to help allies, but also to secure future customers... It's never so simple. ;)

Yeah like we would all be better of if America hadn't stuck its neck out and got involved in WW2.

I think you are confused with different times and situations. The US did not start it's world policing until after WW2.
Some might argue that the USSR would of beat Germany even if the US did not get involved...but that is all what if' s.
The point is in the context of modern times ...take the speech for what it is...Obama is talking about today and one would have to really on something to think the world opinion of the US is better now then even 10 years ago.

Rather have them here then the Russians!

Leeuwarden AFB is near where I live (only about 35 kilometers or 20 miles).

Truth is I don't really care.
Then why comment?
I'm just here to play games and talk history.
Any thing that happened yesterday is history in fact anything that happened a second ago is history.
Politics or country bashing aren't my style. :cheers:
I am not country bashing, am pointing out the insane comments made by the president in recent history. And it seems that some other members of that country seem to agree, in fact just about 99% of thinking people would agree that the comments were delusional at best.

It seems that discussions about anything about the US unless it's stroking their ego is forbidden. I would quote other political leaders stupidity... but most other leaders don't rule a country that is in the news as much. Though my sad sack of a PM is learning from the best as his conduct at the G8 or 20 in Australia showed, when shaking hands with Putin. I was hoping Putin would of clowned Harper right there on the spot. All Harper was doing was garnering votes from our Ukrainian country men. Little does he know that we have just as many Russian speaking Ukrainians as the other type. And as with most Canadian's we don't faun over our political leaders as they do in the US or the British with their Royalty. I think we understand the world does not revolve around us and we are quite happy it doesn't. I also believe that many US citizens would love it also if their government would focus on their own countries troubles rather then spending so much trying to police the world. I believe there are people in Detroit that would love to have their water turned back on rather then have the government buy another fighter jet.
My world is a bigger box then how others view things...many live in a small world and only care what happens within 20 klms of the house, some live in a world that is only as big as their countries boarder, others their continent and others the world. So if one is happy with their small box then enjoy it ,but don't make it mandatory that we all have to live in the same size box.

It comes across like you have a major chip on your shoulder about any form of authority and with your US neighbours - something Ive said on a few previous occassions. It honestly gets tiresome. Im sure other sites cater better for those who perceive they view the world differently than us mere mortals and you can freely air your views on them.

The fact is your posts actually cause the most hassle on this site and Ive previously had to defend your anti-US anti-police stance to disgruntled members who have PM'd me.

Folk know they dont live in a perfect world but they dont need someone on the site stirring it up. The FGM is a site folk come to chillax.... have a bit of banter etc.... politics isnt relaxing.... US baiting isnt relaxing.

Remember we are The Few Good Men.... I appreciate your posts are your views and you like showing the bigger box outside our little cardboard one.... but when folk start getting riled.... not because we are pro-US but because we are here to relax and forget things that may trigger stresses then its time to consider whether your post has any value.

It comes across like you have a major chip on your shoulder about any form of authority and with your US neighbours - something Ive said on a few previous occassions. It honestly gets tiresome. Im sure other sites cater better for those who perceive they view the world differently than us mere mortals and you can freely air your views on them.

The fact is your posts actually cause the most hassle on this site and Ive previously had to defend your anti-US anti-police stance to disgruntled members who have PM'd me.

Folk know they dont live in a perfect world but they dont need someone on the site stirring it up. The FGM is a site folk come to chillax.... have a bit of banter etc.... politics isnt relaxing.... US baiting isnt relaxing.

Remember we are The Few Good Men.... I appreciate your posts are your views and you like showing the bigger box outside our little cardboard one.... but when folk start getting riled.... not because we are pro-US but because we are here to relax and forget things that may trigger stresses then its time to consider whether your post has any value.
I just like your Comments Well Done mate ......To much USA bashing by a couple of members, all of it unjust, I join your comments and say give it a rest .......

Out of respect for you Bootie I will not post anything that may cause you problems behind the curtain. ( There are many smart ass things I want to say but again out of respect I will not) I think you should change what is written under the Musket Room tab, it is miss leading. But I will defend myself in the following.
It comes across like you have a major chip on your shoulder about any form of authority
No I have an opinion and I have an issues with stupid authority...I am submitting to you as leader of this site.

and with your US neighbours - something I've said on a few previous occassions. It honestly gets tiresome.
Some truth in that...it is difficult when your a mouse living in the same cage with an elephant. Don't get me wrong I know many people from south of the boarder and get along just fine and agree on many more things then I do with some of my own country men.

Im sure other sites cater better for those who perceive they view the world differently than us mere mortals and you can freely air your views on them.
Very nice way of saying don't post here and if you don't like it get to F#$K out.

Well if you wish to cow to the spineless individuals and whiners that's your choice.

Please change then what is written under the Musket room tab.

Remember we are The Few Good Men.... I appreciate your posts are your views and you like showing the bigger box outside our little cardboard one....
If my post were appreciated we would not be having this discussion.Let's be honest.

but when folk start getting riled.... not because we are pro-US but because we are here to relax and forget things that may trigger stresses then its time to consider whether your post has any value.
Again a lack of being honest... They get riled because their little world is not the happy shiny one they thought it was. if they want to relax ignore me that is an option, but will not be a problem any longer.

Is a post of any value? Wow if it's not of value to one individual it might be to another and if posts could progress further then this superficial point. If a discussion could make it past this whining stage and people could have open discussions about the topic and or issue then one might be surprised by what they could learn and the things that I might learn and I would enjoy that beyond measure. I know a fair number of guys here that would get involved in a good discussion but don't because of just this point...the whiners win again.

So Bootie out of respect to you I will not post anything religious or political or anti- US or anything that may be perceived as such. You may have to help me if I cross any other boundaries I am not aware of. Please could we also include and stroking of the elephants ego to.

Back