Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Who is up for a mirrored Pot Luck game (Large on Wide map)?

Wellsonian

FGM Captain
FGM MEMBER
I look at the sheer number of Army lists (I have the full suite of FOG II titles) and it is impressive. However, I also know the chances of me playing them all is slim. Therefore, in order to facilitate broader game experience, I would like to challenge someone to a mirrored large game, using the pot luck feature to pick our army lists. I would set it up. Anyone brave enough? Bring it!

I reckon I would be willing to give it a shot. I'll have yo warn you I might not be able to commit much time until after there first of the week though. If that's ok with you feel free to get us started. If you would rather an opponent that can better assure you some time that's totally understandable. Just let me know.

As a complete aside for you and others who may read this...have any of you downloaded the tabletop mod, or any other mods for that matter? The tabletop one is intriguing to me but I think it really only is functional if playing AI or another opponent who has the mod. I could be wrong though. Curious as to what you guys might have tried.

I reckon I would be willing to give it a shot. I'll have yo warn you I might not be able to commit much time until after there first of the week though. If that's ok with you feel free to get us started. If you would rather an opponent that can better assure you some time that's totally understandable. Just let me know.

As a complete aside for you and others who may read this...have any of you downloaded the tabletop mod, or any other mods for that matter? The tabletop one is intriguing to me but I think it really only is functional if playing AI or another opponent who has the mod. I could be wrong though. Curious as to what you guys might have tried.

Not a problem with the timing. Hell, I’ll play another pot luck with someone else if I get another volunteer. I’ll set it up in the next hour or so......interesting to see what we come up with. Whatever it is, we are committed! The password will be JOLLY. Thx!

Actually, I just set up the game and it looks interesting. The random generator spit out Pontic 281-111 BC vs Seleucid 205-167 BC. I know very little about those factions, so my plan worked perfectly! Good luck @Jolly Olly.

As I mentioned, I have time for another Potluck game for any other takers........@Nelson1812, @Badger73, @Mad Mike, @Nathangun, @Rico, or @anyoneelse!

Thanks for the two games @Wellsonian. Those were a lot of fun! It was good to have a chance to play with some different armies and units than I've had a chance to thus far. I'd welcome trying something similar in the near future.

Thanks for the two games @Wellsonian. Those were a lot of fun! It was good to have a chance to play with some different armies and units than I've had a chance to thus far. I'd welcome trying something similar in the near future.

Thanks to you as well......for anyone curious, we finished 1-1.

I really enjoyed the large battle size and bigger map too. It didn’t really add additional time to the game but had a nice epic tabletop feel to it. The potluck feature helps me feel like I’m getting the most out of all the modules too.

Just let me know when and I’ll set another one up. I really like that this game doesn’t dominate my time like some others.

Back