Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Who's up for a little FGM squad in Hell let Loose?

Im up for whatever... just let us know... miss some PvP. I mean I love ARMA 3 but every time we play... I mean EVERY TIME!!! Its just layer upon layer of mods, key bindings etc and I just want to be able to go play and have some fun.
Exactly, this is also a big part of what turned me off ARMA. I think HLL is a lot like WW2 ARMA though, just with everything set up out of the box.

Only saw the message now.. will join in a bit. Which server are you on?

@Bulletpoint I was mistaking it was exodus-1, somehow it showed -3. Now out of the game, trying to go into exodus 3

Edit: it is full though. I'll keep trying or you want to go for another server? I'm in FGM discord if you are might be helpful

OK, I' next in the queue to enter the game. Will go for the German team

Alright, first FGM HLL match completed. Was just Lethaface and I. We started out playing infantry, but it's a bit awkward to have a locked infantry squad with just two people, so we switched to recon for a while, and then to a tank crew.

It was my first go at using tanks, so I had a bit to learn, but once I got down the basics it was basically a matter of good communications inside the tank whether we did well or not. It really helps being 3 guys so one can call out targets for the gunner and tell the driver where to go. Confirmed kills: 1 Puma and 1 Tiger, plus several infantry.

Good game Lethaface.

It was my first go at using tanks, so I had a bit to learn, but once I got down the basics it was basically a matter of good communications inside the tank whether we did well or not. It really helps being 3 guys so one can call out targets for the gunner and tell the driver where to go.
That matches reality. The game gets it right then.

That matches reality. The game gets it right then.
Yes, I think it's close to reality in that way, even though I've never even been inside a real tank. The thing that surprised me, even though it shouldn't have, is that - as the gunner - I was only able to see a little bit through the scope.

Combined with the very slow turret traverse speed, it meant that I could not respond to targets off to the side in any expedient manner. If I turned the turret to the right, I would then be powerless for a long time to defend against any threat that popped up on our left. So deciding which way to turn the turret is a big 'investment' in time and I had to plan ahead and decide whether it was worth turning the turret in any given situation.

In some cases, I got a target marker on my screen, placed by Lethaface when he spotted some target. I could then hose down bushes and hedges with the MG or fire the main gun 'blind' against targets I had not spotted, myself. This was really helpful. Also, messages from the TC such as "enemy armour expected just up ahead" went a long way to help me prepare for where to face the turret and which ammunition to load.

Yes, I think it's close to reality in that way, even though I've never even been inside a real tank. The thing that surprised me, even though it shouldn't have, is that - as the gunner - I was only able to see a little bit through the scope.

Combined with the very slow turret traverse speed, it meant that I could not respond to targets off to the side in any expedient manner. If I turned the turret to the right, I would then be powerless for a long time to defend against any threat that popped up on our left. So deciding which way to turn the turret is a big 'investment' in time and I had to plan ahead and decide whether it was worth turning the turret in any given situation.

In some cases, I got a target marker on my screen, placed by Lethaface when he spotted some target. I could then hose down bushes and hedges with the MG or fire the main gun 'blind' against targets I had not spotted, myself. This was really helpful. Also, messages from the TC such as "enemy armour expected just up ahead" went a long way to help me prepare for where to face the turret and which ammunition to load.
Yeah the driver has to do a lot of the turning for optimal engagements. But that requires communication with commander and gunner, so it isn't easy. All the while the Command channel is bla bla bla in the commanders ear. So I know why there is a seperate radio operator in real life :)

Alright, first FGM HLL match completed. Was just Lethaface and I. We started out playing infantry, but it's a bit awkward to have a locked infantry squad with just two people, so we switched to recon for a while, and then to a tank crew.

It was my first go at using tanks, so I had a bit to learn, but once I got down the basics it was basically a matter of good communications inside the tank whether we did well or not. It really helps being 3 guys so one can call out targets for the gunner and tell the driver where to go. Confirmed kills: 1 Puma and 1 Tiger, plus several infantry.

Good game Lethaface.
Funny thing was that we did only destroy an enemy truck when we had the extra driver. After he got his achievement for destroying a vehicle, he was off (I guess it can be a bit boring as a driver). Both the Puma and the Tiger we got with me as driver and you on the gun (n commander), although with another dedicated (FGM) crew member I'm sure we could do better even.

After he got his achievement for destroying a vehicle, he was off (I guess it can be a bit boring as a driver).
I don't think he was a new player who only wanted the achievement. He seemed a bit reluctant to be a driver in the first place... But yes, we would definitely do better with a dedicated FGM crew.

I put FGM as my "clan tag" in the options by the way.

All the while the Command channel is bla bla bla in the commanders ear.
This was also driving me crazy when I was infantry SL. I wish they made it so you only heard the commander on that channel, and not all the other SL's.

Back