Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Battle Brothers -- bloody addictive game

See, I knew you would eventually figure it out, no hurries my man, I need to find the time to get into Battle Brothers....and Ogre....and Mius Front...And Tunisia Tank Warfare....and Crusader Kings 2....and YGTP...

See, I knew you would eventually figure it out, no hurries my man, I need to find the time to get into Battle Brothers....and Ogre....and Mius Front...And Tunisia Tank Warfare....and Crusader Kings 2....and YGTP...

Tell me about it. I have more unplayed than played games in my Steam library.

Another video! This is a battle between my mercenary company and twenty brigands, during a noble "collect heads" contract. This one was tough. The brigands came in archer heavy, and even had a "Master Archer" (first one I've encountered), as well as very competent melee fighters and a Leader ("The Swine"). My men were not completely healed from their last battle and MTK was recovering from an injury. The Master Archer proved to be a problem, as not only did he have a high accuracy, but his attacks were quite prone to cause serious injuries.

The excellent AI immediately focused their ranged attacks on MTK, and he quickly suffered two more injuries, forcing me to pull him back. I also had to be very careful with my two bowmen, lest they become pincushions. Even after I managed to close the distance, it was a very close battle. Financially, I'm not sure I made out well here. My men suffered three serious injuries, which, considering I have chosen to play with no men in reserves, I always pay to get treated at the nearest Temple. One man leveled up after the battle.

In other news, there seem to be rumors of another Noble war brewing (my least favorite major "Event"). Once again, I will not choose sides, as I prefer to maintain good relations.

Battle Brothers goes "Nordics" for 2nd DLC expansion...

It should be ready within "the next few months".

Battle Brothers was quietly one of 2017's best RPGs: Evan described it as "turn-based Mount & Blade meets XCOM", and Ian confirmed that's as brilliant as it sounds in his review. Developer Overhype Studios released the game's first expansion, Beasts & Exploration, late last year, and now it's announced a second, Nordic-themed expansion called Warriors of the North.

The paid DLC, which should be finished "within the next few months", will add a new human faction with a love of raiding and human sacrifice to the northern portion of the map, Overhype said in a blog post. The expansion will be "smaller in scope" than Beasts & Exploration, but it will still add lots of new units to make the north of the map more challenging, new armours and banners, a new legendary location and fresh events to experience on your travels.

Time to showcase a new enemy: Webnachts (giant spiders)! This was a contract to eliminate whatever creatures were troubling (i.e. eating) the local villagers. The Gens faced a "plethora" of these bastards. While not very powerful individually in melee combat, they are very mobile, and hinder their opponent's movement with their webs. In addition, their venom acts as poison, and it seems their eggs hatch during combat, adding to their numbers. Nasty.

We lost two wardogs in this battle, which limits our profit to barely better than "break even". :-/

Especially nasty if you get ambushed by them in a forest and your band of brothers is still in its early pre-decent armour & weapons phase...

Yea my company is getting a little top heavy with everybody at least level 16 with the front line guys all having heavy armor and 2 handed weapons. The game is still challenging though, so I'm going to move forward.

Yea my company is getting a little top heavy with everybody at least level 16 with the front line guys all having heavy armor and 2 handed weapons. The game is still challenging though, so I'm going to move forward.
Please do keep posting - I love the idea of this game, but time pressures mean I'll probably never play it (sympathy <sound of tiniest violin in world> ). However i find your descriptions of your games and adventures/business dealings in this game to be very entertaining.

Just my way of saying keep writing, I enjoy your work. (Gee look he's getting all sentimental now)

New enemy: The Hexe (pleural Hexen?). I hate these things, having encountered them several times, and lost (and reloaded) every battle. This is our first victory. I got lucky as there was only one of them this time. They "charm" your own men and turn them against you. The best strategy I have come up with is to try to bypass whatever charmed creatures they have, and to go after the Hexen as quickly as possible. Once killed, their charms are broken.

Back