Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Battle Brothers -- bloody addictive game

Quick video I just uploaded showing off some of the new gear and weapons my company managed to acquire. This was a 900ish crown "deal with marauding greenskins" noble contract, so I didn't expect it to be very difficult. It wasn't. Turns out it was a "plethora" of Orc Young. I remember when this would have been a wipe for my guys, but now it's just a "lolpwn" curbstomp. Shoutout to @Badger73 , who made great use of his new pokey thingy.

@Wellsonian got an armor upgrade yesterday, so it's about time for him to shed his shield and get a two handed flail, as soon as I can afford it (or find another one).

Last edited:
Quick video I just uploaded showing off some of the new gear and weapons my company managed to acquire. This was a 900ish crown "deal with marauding greenskins" noble contract, so I didn't expect it to be very difficult. It wasn't. Turns out it was a "plethora" of Orc Young. I remember when this would have been a wipe for my guys, but now it's just a "lolpwn" curbstomp. Shotout to @Badger73 , who made great use of his new pokey thingy.

@Wellsonian got an armor upgrade yesterday, so it's about time for him to shed his shield and get a two handed flail, as soon as I can afford it (or find another one).

YES! Point me at them!

BTW, for those that don't have this game, it is on sale on steam. Great price.

BTW, for those that don't have this game, it is on sale on steam. Great price.

Noooooooo!!!!!!! I has lots of unplayed games, do not tempt me............ (Hi Shadow Tactics:Blades of the Shogun, Witcher 3, DoorKickers, Command Ops 2)

I hates sales cos I buy stuff which I "plan" to play later then 4 years later I buy it again having forgotten I owns it!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Last edited by a moderator:
Next up, the Gens Antiquus battles a plethora of Nachzehrers. From what I can tell, German folklore describes them as sort of vampires, but Battle Brothers basically portrays them as ghouls. They seem to have several (perhaps four) different states that they "evolve" to. You can sort of tell which state they are in by their graphical, in game appearance. The more "scary" they look, the tougher they are. They have the ability to consume corpses (including those of other Nachzehrers), which grants them regenerated hitpoints, as well as advancing them up the evolution scale. Their highest form has the ability to consume still living enemies in one big gulp! Killing the consuming Nachzehrer frees the consumed.

This is a noble contract involving patrolling the map and collecting heads.

Edit: You may notice that I usually opt to attack the highest evolved Nachzehrer within range.

Last edited:
Next up, the Gens Antiquus battles a plethora of Nachzehrers. From what I can tell, German folklore describes them as sort of vampires, but Battle Brothers basically portrays them as ghouls. They seem to have several (perhaps four) different states that they "evolve" to. You can sort of tell which state they are in by their graphical, in game appearance. The more "scary" they look, the tougher they are. They have the ability to consume corpses (including those of other Nachzehrers), which grants them regenerated hitpoints, as well as advancing them up the evolution scale. Their highest form has the ability to consume still living enemies in one big gulp! Killing the consuming Nachzehrer frees the consumed.

This is a noble contract involving patrolling the map and collecting heads.

Edit: You may notice that I usually opt to attack the highest evolved Nachzehrer within range.

Good tactic (if your guys are skilled and well equipped enough), is to, as you kill them, advance slowly over their dead bodies to prevent them from using their dead or feed on and upgrade themselves.

As far as I know from my books about germanistic lore:

A "Nachzehrer" is a undead that - unlike a Vampire - stays in it's grave and drains (zehren) the lifeforce from it's victim it has a telepathic connection too.

The victims were the relatives of the person or the person who prepared the dead one for the coffin (the telepathic connection is established by looking into the eyes of the dead person).

As the "draining" happens through the mouth the dead always has to be buried with the mouth shut and the eyes closed. The book also mentions that they filled the coffin with stone pebbles because the Nachzehrer can only start his undoing after he has counted the stones (which he can't as all Satanic "Wesen" can't count beyond 2 as 3 is a holy number -> Dreifaltigkeit)

Oh, trust me, I found a way to spend it. All my men are kitted out very well now, with 6 of my 7 front line fighters in full helms (300 hp) and all the front line guys in at least 285 hp armor. All the front line fighters also now wield 2 handed weapons, as they have enough HP/armor/melee and range defense to forgo the use of shields. My mercenary troop is very "tanky", which is the direction I intended to go when I picked the perks.

I haven't found an ogre yet, but there is a creature called an Unhold, which is supposed to be a giant. They are tough, have a lot of hitpoints, regenerate, can hit multiple opponents with one swing, can charge and knock your men backwards, and even pick your men up and throw them backwards.

Last edited:
Video UP! I recently discovered that, when one accepts "patrol and gather heads" Noble missions, if you attack enemy fortresses, garrisons, and other strongholds, the enemies killed count towards heads gathered. So, long story short, if your company is strong enough, you don't have to waste time and resources traipsing around the map, looking for random encounters.

I'm a bit proud of this battle. I actually employed some good strategies and only made a couple of blunders (mostly involving trying to move men who were adjacent to an enemy). :) I got all 20 heads in this one battle and can now expedite our travels to the towns and collect the reward.

Back