Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

CM:Battle for Normandy General Discussion

LoL, thats pretty nice of them though. I almost hope you don't put it up for the raffle since my "take a chance" button in the brain would prevent me from buying it cause I could have the chance to win it. I wouldn't want to end up in the same circumstance as you, with two copies of the best game ever ;)

My young nephew is starting to take a healthy interest in wargames and will probably collar my bought version, so i might need to hang on to the review copy after all to replace it..:)

PDF and paper don't read the same way at all. I find it difficult to stay focused, so I just tab out of the game and reference the part I need right then and then go back to the game. Granted, a few years of time with CMSF has helped, but I never saw a need to use Linear Arty missions until the CMBN demo, and now I use them when I play CMSF.

My young nephew is starting to take a healthy interest in wargames and will probably collar my bought version, so i might need to hang on to the review copy after all to replace it..:)

How old? I was about 12 when I got my first copy of Steel Panthers III, and I was hooked after that. Started going to the local game shop called the "Toy Soldier" and played table top ASL and another, more armor oriented game as well. It is important for the survival of our hobby to get em into wargaming at a young age, so we have new stuff to play when we are uber old. ;)

Steel Panthers, wouldn't be able to say exactly how many hundreds of hours I spent on that game !!

Poor Bootie ! I started with SPIII Modern battles - that was superb game with helicopters, grad rockets and wars NATO versus Warsaw Pact

The first smaller scale game for PC I got was Close Combat, the first one!!! I loved it, since SP3 was a Battalion/Brigade command level and CC1 was squads and tanks. Since I am almost 28 now, that was about 16 years ago!!!! Oh how time flies when your wargaming!

Still playing Steel panthers, just sent a PBEM file a few minutes ago...Hey, I thought this was a CMBN discussion?

Steering this thread back on course, I have a CMBN campaign TF Raff question if anyone could answer...I played the first mission(which was in the demo) and proceeded to destroy the German defenders, but at the conclusion i did not get credit for St Martin's farm or the Overwatch objective. I had cleared out all the defenders and settled most of my remaining task force around the crossroads. I still got a major victory, but was surprised that I wasn't credited with the other two objectives. Any thoughts?

Yep, Nort hit it on the head. CMx1 has similar rules for keeping flags, as I found out the hard way during this years FGM Cup.

I think that now one has to get rid of enemy from objective area to get points - that's a big difference !

Usually you need to "touch" an objective to get the points AND need to remove every enemy unit from the objective - aslong as at least one enemy is within the boundares of the "objective zone", the objective coutns as contested. More or less like the flag system in CMx1.

It certainly has Ted... what do you think of it.... Bidermann and me are playing a big scenario at the moment.

It is very Good I will be getting the full package, for me the demo as been good, plus Bidermann as shown me a few thing's to help this slow old boy from picking it all up, but rest assuard I will crack it

Back