Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

CMBN Round #2 Match Ups

@SlySniper I just wanted to thank you for setting up both these games. Really enjoying myself, not winning :giggle:, but enjoying them immensely.

No problem, I enjoy doing it.

I like messing with the design program and setting up battles. But it was not much fun playing them against someone since I have way more knowledge than anyone I would play against.

So this way, I get to peek in and see how the battle plays from many different styles and I get to enjoy watching it from that perspective.
Also watching it knowing the person has no pre learned knowledge is important. That part of the unknown factor can bring in some interesting events.

Great battle! To get a tie score I sacrificed a lot of sheep to the goddess Fortuna, my tanks got very lucky.
The one that really had me shaking my head and laughing was towards the end. Your tank moving fast at my tank trying to flank it. But my guy stopped and was facing your approach. Then took his good old time aiming. While yours basically spotted and immediately fired on the move KOing my guy. Oh well, as I’ve said before…

Sometimes the CM gods smile upon you… other times they b!tch slap you! :ROFLMAO:

I wonder... Do those assault guns masquerading as tank destroyers have the same kind of fire rate as a real tank (or TD) with a turret? Does it just take longer to aim one? You'd think that if the enemy is in your firing arc, should be a similar firing time.
It wasnt a TD... I purposely used the vague "tank" term to maintain FOW for others still playing. All good questions you bring up. But we really can't go into details yet until the AAR thread goes up.

In fact, you may wanna edit your post for players off to a slow start.

Last edited:
My game against Mad Mike will be over either tomorrow or Tuesday. (3 minutes left) But it is already an over whelming victory to Mike. I've met my new nemesis in the form of the average CM tree hiding entire tanks behind them without ever being seen. XD MeatEtr put it very well by saying, "Sometimes the CM gods smile upon you… other times they b!tch slap you!" Unfortunately, they were not with me today. Or at least, not with my blind TC's and scouts. ;) Well played to Mike, and a valuable set of lessons learned on my end. Looking forward to the next one!

My game against Mad Mike will be over either tomorrow or Tuesday. (3 minutes left) But it is already an over whelming victory to Mike. I've met my new nemesis in the form of the average CM tree hiding entire tanks behind them without ever being seen. XD MeatEtr put it very well by saying, "Sometimes the CM gods smile upon you… other times they b!tch slap you!" Unfortunately, they were not with me today. Or at least, not with my blind TC's and scouts. ;) Well played to Mike, and a valuable set of lessons learned on my end. Looking forward to the next one!

Yeah, that's a lesson I learned a couple of years ago:

Trees are your friend, not just but especially in CMx2 tank vs. tank engagements. ;)

Yes indeed. It was rather in the balance for the first half, even going well, then in maybe 5-7 minutes, everything fell apart. haha

Raging AI and StoneAge have now finished. Thanks for the game, Raging AI a bit of luck and the game could have had a completely different ending.

with 4 battles completed,
I can start the placements, even though its too early to say it really means much

Here is the top player for each side, best scorer first.

Germans: MeatEtr, then The Jackal

USA: Stone Age, then Mad Mike

You might have lost the battle, but in the Tournament you might win the war

Back