Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

CMBN Round #3 Match Ups

this round has thrown up some spectacular battle images! massed enemy armour advances, naval arty impacting is a sight to behold and i think an M10 crew of mine earnt the MOH for most AFV's knocked out in a single engagement at less than 500m :)

Also @SlySniper, can we download previous rounds? I wouldn't 1/2 mind playing these PBEM from the other side with maybe one of my PBEM buddies.

Hey @SlySniper. When is R4 due to start, and can you offer any teasers regarding the scenario?

For bonus points, you have one week left. But I fear we have too many matches not done. So I might extent the time.

But no matter what I expect round 4 to hopefully start in 2-3 weeks

Now the Teasers. For hopefully most of those players that had to suffer at the hands of the Germans this round.
Next round I will try and give you the Polish Paratroopers that are going to assault a German force in a small town.
Hopefully you will bring revenge to the Germans for this battle.

And a Round 5 Teaser. (Did someone say ChurchHills with huge guns and flamethrowers vs Concrete Bunkers with AT guns in the Mix.)

Also @SlySniper, can we download previous rounds? I wouldn't 1/2 mind playing these PBEM from the other side with maybe one of my PBEM buddies.

Yes, you are more than welcome to have them, its likely the only way to get them since I am too lazy to post them from any of my past Tournaments on the Board yet.

Plus when you play them h2h, you have a results chart to show how you did compared to the Tournament, instead of the scenario scoring which is not always very close to balenced. To me a much better way to judge how you did.

I will place Round 1 and 2 in your Dropbox.

And yes, any player can request any scenario, from any Tournament

Probus, I dropped the scenario files in the dropbox between you and MMM, I also dropped the first three SF files from that tournament also
Thanks a bunch @SlySniper. I'm looking forward to trying those out again. These are great! You've inspired me to start researching how to develop scenarios. I know the basics but will try my hand at some of the more advanced principles.

How close would you say we are to round #4 @SlySniper? Will it start right as #3 ends? Can you give us a teaser of what its going to be?

How close would you say we are to round #4 @SlySniper? Will it start right as #3 ends? Can you give us a teaser of what its going to be?
For bonus points, you have one week left. But I fear we have too many matches not done. So I might extent the time.

But no matter what I expect round 4 to hopefully start in 2-3 weeks

Now the Teasers. For hopefully most of those players that had to suffer at the hands of the Germans this round.
Next round I will try and give you the Polish Paratroopers that are going to assault a German force in a small town.
Hopefully you will bring revenge to the Germans for this battle.

And a Round 5 Teaser. (Did someone say ChurchHills with huge guns and flamethrowers vs Concrete Bunkers with AT guns in the Mix.)

I have the next round ready, just holding off releasing it since there is 5 games working on round 3. Only one of those is about ready to wrap up. So I am holding to the dead line I had set for the bonus points, so those games are now in the phase of no bonus points and working towards -5 points.

But I will give them a week or so to see if they are trying to wrap up. Trying to help them in that they will likely not get into the 4th round game if they are working on the 3rd round game still.

4th round is much smaller in size , so it should be less time consuming.

I have the match ups ready, so when I post them, it will be the end of standard time and it will be penetly time for slow play.

Now for those 5 games, if the slow play is mostly due to one player and not the other, just report it and I will check file dates Only the player causing the slow play is given the point deductions.. So if you are the cause , give your opponant a break and take the blame.

For the moment I will say June 16th will be when I post the next round, but I will determine it for sure by what I see out of the activity of the 4 games that need to wrap up.

10 battles completed

Best German Score : Letherface/sly, MeatEtr, Stone Age, Jackel then Bill

Best American Score: Raging AI, Hilts, Horza, Canadian Cat then Animander25

Bill vs KgPanther (Your game just keeps jumping around as to who might win, )
Perhaps one of my worst performances. You didn't just kick the door in on my defense, you ripped down the entire wall of the house :ROFLMAO:

I dont try to take advantage with my extra knowledge. But I for sure had a plan as to what I think would be the best approach in this battle and it sure did work.

On your end the only thing I thought you did that was not the best decision was I saw bazooka troops at the front positions of your defensiv lines.

Thus the first to get spotted and normally the first to die because of my overwatch firepower.

You really needed them to help wreck a little more of my Armor.

But as the US player, this is just a terrible hard battle.

Back