Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

CMSF Round #1 Match Ups

That was pretty rough. Do we just leave the final turn in our dropbox folder when it's over?

yup, I have your score now. So you are done for this round. When we get closer to everyone completing, I will publish how everyone is in the standings,.

but in general, keep the folder there until i jump out of it, then its ok to delete it if you want.

update

7 battles between the file numbers of 16 to 32 ( good job guys)

1 battle struggling as to turn rate, ( if we can get this game to pick up the pace it will be good for them)

note, I will start the next round without everyone completed if I have enough players ready.
The few unfinished games will be responcible for picking up the new game while still finishing their present battle.

I like to wait for all the games to complete, but i try to go as fast as the group as a whole is moving at.

It took me a while to realise that this was only a 20 minute battle, @SlySniper. The battles have always been 30 minutes, as I remember, in the previous tournaments. Is that going to the norm in this tournament, or are you mixing it up now?

In general, they are 30 minute battles. I try hard not to go longer and I dont mind going shorter. if I recall, I had one that was 10 minutes. way back when.

But it does come down to just how the battle plays out. There is a good stopping point, Or At least I think there is that I am trying to hit.

@SlySniper, how will you score the tournament. Is it strickly points or is there more to it depending on which side you pulled in a game?

@SlySniper, how will you score the tournament. Is it strickly points or is there more to it depending on which side you pulled in a game?

This was posted in the Tournament rules, but here you go

Scoring Format

Also I have decided to modify how I score the matches slightly. The new scoring format is

The format is you will be given a selected force. Your mission will be to do the best you can with the situation you have been given and you will be compared to those playing the same side as you. The Tournament points will be awarded to the top 50 percent from each side of the battle.

So in other words, your side could be very challenging, but perform better than 50 percent of the players playing that side of the battle and you have won and will be given a point value as to how you have done.

Winners will get a score of somewhere between 70 to 100 points per match depending on how they have performed to each other. So best player will receive 100 points, lowest winner will receive 70 points, and everyone else is somewhere in between calculated by the where their game score lands in the results.

Also new is there will be 5 points awarded for those teams that get done in advance of the scheduled time for a match.

There will also be a (-)5 point deduction for those players that have caused a battle to go longer than the expected dead line.

This new format will provide a potential for a player that has won less games but has scored high to pass a player that has won more games but has just made the cut.

Example: Player A wins 3 games scoring 100, 100, 90 : total 290

Player B wins four games scoring 70, 75, 70, 72: total 287

I would like to ask something to clarify my understanding..
Winners will get a score of somewhere between 70 to 100 points per match depending on how they have performed to each other. So best player will receive 100 points, lowest winner will receive 70 points, and everyone else is somewhere in between calculated by the where their game score lands in the results.

The "winners" you are talking about are not necessarily the winners of the battle. They are the highest scores for each force no matter the winning side....
Correct?

I would like to ask something to clarify my understanding..

The "winners" you are talking about are not necessarily the winners of the battle. They are the highest scores for each force no matter the winning side....
Correct?

That is absolutely correct.

I have had one sided scenario's where almost all the players from one side won the game playing a certain side.

But for the tournament , you must beat half of the players playing your side of the battle to gain points for the tournament.

That is absolutely correct.

I have had one sided scenario's where almost all the players from one side won the game playing a certain side.

But for the tournament , you must beat half of the players playing your side of the battle to gain points for the tournament.

That is one of the reasons i think this is the best overall scroring method for tourneys....... sometimes one side scenarios are made on purpose... but sometimes not and getting the wrong side of an unintended mission impossible can wreck whatever final result u were playing for in the tourney..

Reminder, the official dates for round 1
Early completion up to Feb 3rd (+ 5 points)
On time: Feb 4th through 9th (No Penelty or reward)
Feb 10: penalty (-5 Points) to whomever is deemed as causing slow play.

4 of the 5 remaining battles still look like they can beat the dead line
only one battle I am concerned about.

for everyone, I will likely want to send out round 2 battles around Feb 4th
So I will post match ups sometime earlier than that so that you can create the dropbox folders for round 2

Back