Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Cool History Stuff

So let me get this straight. In WW1, Germany invades the Netherlands. That war ends on November 11, 1918, with Germany losing. The very next day, on November 12, 1918, Kaiser Wilhelm is in fear for his life and asked the recently liberated Netherlands for asylum from those who are adverse to Kaiser Wilhelm … and the Netherlands says yes?! I would have had some choice words for the Kaiser and sent him packing.

So let me get this straight. In WW1, Germany invades the Netherlands. That war ends on November 11, 1918, with Germany losing. The very next day, on November 12, 1918, Kaiser Wilhelm is in fear for his life and asked the recently liberated Netherlands for asylum from those who are adverse to Kaiser Wilhelm … and the Netherlands says yes?! I would have had some choice words for the Kaiser and sent him packing.
Nope -- Germany invaded Belgium ... Netherlands remained neutral and not involved in fighting the entire war.

I'm not sure why they accepted him, perhaps a deal was struck with the allied nations first. The allies wanted him put on trial for war crimes and he sought refuge in Holland because it was neutral. He felt at risk from revolutionaries in Germany.

Last edited:
The German Kaiser-class dreadnought battleship SMS Prinzregent Luitpold being towed back to Rosyth, keel uppermost.
This is one of many German ships sunk by her crew in Scapa Flow in 1919 after the fleet had surrendered in November 1918.
Although they were scuttled to prevent Allied Forces from using the vessels, some were salvaged and used for scrap metal to manufacture British armaments.

1700478789479.png

Enjoy....scroll through the categories, there's all sorts of stuff here

This one has an interesting history.... this little boy went out and came back to find his home just a pile of rubble and his entire family lost....he went on to survive the war and become a truck driver.... his face is pictured amongst the opening credits on the series The World at War narrated by Laurence Olivier -

The photo was taken by this lady...

Last edited:
Well researched, respectful to both sides, and fascinating….

Back