Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Final Blitzkrieg - messing about with campaign ideas

I wouldn't want to try and track every supply truck for a campaign, even for something scaled down from the existing size Rico has this at. Even with the campaign map above, smply being able to draw a line back to a 'key point' on your friendly side of the map should be enough. I'm assuming by using the road network as displayed on the map. As soon as one force cuts the road so to speak, it affects the enemy forces fighting further to the front. Getting the impact of cutting supply just right is I think the real trick.

As for ideas, pretty sure Rico has a copy of the ruleset I was working on earlier in the year before RL took over. At least it appeared to work in my head and on my screen as I gamed out scenarios of it in action. But it was also intended for a modern (CMBS) setting.

I wouldn't want to try and track every supply truck for a campaign, even for something scaled down from the existing size Rico has this at. Even with the campaign map above, smply being able to draw a line back to a 'key point' on your friendly side of the map should be enough. I'm assuming by using the road network as displayed on the map. As soon as one force cuts the road so to speak, it affects the enemy forces fighting further to the front. Getting the impact of cutting supply just right is I think the real trick.

As for ideas, pretty sure Rico has a copy of the ruleset I was working on earlier in the year before RL took over. At least it appeared to work in my head and on my screen as I gamed out scenarios of it in action. But it was also intended for a modern (CMBS) setting.

Yep -- I have a very simple supply system in mind -- simplicity is the key here.

My worry at moment is the balance between the size of unit OOB's and how managable the CM battles would be.
Some interesting ideas in @Kromyr 's post to ponder.

Yep -- I have a very simple supply system in mind -- simplicity is the key here.

My worry at moment is the balance between the size of unit OOB's and how managable the CM battles would be.
Some interesting ideas in @Kromyr 's post to ponder.
Your baby. :)

As for wanting to shrink the OOB further I'd just warn to try and avoid 'Roadblock' battles that we saw in the OOC once that was scaled down. Not really a lot of fun when you have very little to play with in game.

Behind the scenes work continues. .. slowly due to RP & work pressure :-(
I think I may have figured out a more streamlined set of OBB's - hope to manage to do a bit of testing this weekend.

Also toying with different types of attack that determine how much kit (esp. Arty) that attackers can deploy.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back