Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

General post-WW2 pictures

OSUT Ft. Knox, KY
19K - M1 Armor Crewman 1986 to 2007
19D - Cavalry Scout 2007- Present
Ft. Bliss, Ft. Knox, Ft. Carson, Camp Casey Korea, Baumholder Germany, Baghdad Iraq, Various units in the OHARNG, MIARNG and USAR.

OSUT-Ft Sill OK 1984
MOS-13F Field Artillery Forward Observer
Camp Greaves Korea 11/84-11/85
C Co 1st Bn 75th Ranger Regiment Hunter Army Airfield Savannah GA 85-88
Recalled to active duty for Operation Desert Storm January-June 1991

If it wasn't for the woodland camo, and the date on the class ID, this could have been 1968.

I loved those old O.D uniforms. When I got to Ft. Bliss in March of 87 they issued us two sets from CIF. They were free and when we tore them up we could DX them. Not to mention the fact that they looked sharp. You could press them until they had a crease like a razor.
Lord Bane

If it wasn't for the woodland camo, and the date on the class ID, this could have been 1968.

The OD Green Jungle Fatigues were our standard duty uniform in the Ranger Battalion. I had to wear my cammies the day of the picture because 3+ months of Ranger School had rendered all of my Jungle Fatigues unserviceable.

When I went to Parris Island in 1976, we were wearing the old time straight leg OD utilities. We wore them throughout Boot Camp. Shortly after getting out of Boot, they started phasing in the rip-stop woodlands. Hated them. Few things a Marine likes more than looking good in a uniform. You couldn't starch them, you could barely press them. I didn't switch to them until I had no choice.

i was at Benning for OCS in '84...still have nightmares about patroling in Kudzu.....

B-29 and B-36 size comparison

B29-B36.jpg

16 inch guns, truly awesome. As a Forward Observer I was lucky enough to work with the USS Iowa several times on Viegues Island off of Puerto Rico. We got to call fire missions as well as tour the ship while it was live firing.
It was during one of these exercises off Viegues that the Iowa had the tragic explosion in one of its gun turrets.

Sth Korean amphibious exercise with smokescreen generators 2010

SKorea-smokscrn-exerciseFeb10.jpg

3 pictures of US Honest John surface-to-surface missile in Germany 1959. 7000 built, nuclear, HE or chemical warheads, range 23-30 miles

USHonestJohnGer59.jpg

USHonestJohnGerm59.jpg

USHonestJohnGer1959.jpg

Back