Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Hi, Im Facman

@griffin33
Yes, The 3rd Mar Div was in Northern I Corps during my 'Tour'. And since I was the Co. 'FACMAN' . it would have been me calling for the 'Support'. Fortunately for me, I only had the need to call in support on a few occasions.
I was also lucky enough to be included in the 2nd Nixon troop withdrawal of 1969, when the 1st Bn 4th Marines were pulled back to Okinawa. My 'Tour' was only 10 months.

Well, our callsign was Griffin, and we responded 24/7. Like your map. Had a crazy takeoff from Vandegrift when we "overfueled" one fine day. Used their entire runway, and scared a truck driver down the road about a quarter mile when we met on a small hill. When did you leave in '69?

When did you leave in '69?

Late October 1969. Went by ship, The USS DeBuque, to Okinawa, 3 day cruise.
D Co. was responsible for tearing down Vandergrift in late Sept 1969. We Grunts called Vandergrift...LZ Stud.

Our call signs changed, the only one I remember was...'Duchess County Delta'

Last edited:
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD MORNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG facman!

:D

Back