Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

HO HO HO from Battlefront! The 4.0 Upgrade is out!

Everyone, please note that you can have two versions of the game installed on your computer. For example if you have CMBN 3.12 you can make a copy of the directory and rename the copy something like CMBN400. Then install the patch on that copy. TADA! Now you can play either version and can finish your current PBEM games with the old one and start new ones with the new version.

Same for all the other games. The only difference being that the other games share a saved game directory so you have to play attention to what game you open with which version. And also the hotkeys file will be updated and some hotkeys will not be mapped right in the older game. Still very workable. I have been playing like that for years now.
Since I've got a few PBEM's happening, I decided to re-install into a new directory and activate the new ones. Worked like a charm.

It's now time to delete a whole bunch of Battlefront downloads, starting with CMBN 1.0.

Since I've got a few PBEM's happening, I decided to re-install into a new directory and activate the new ones. Worked like a charm.
Yes, good point that also works well too.

It's now time to delete a whole bunch of Battlefront downloads, starting with CMBN 1.0.
LOL yeah I just did that this morning. Wow I had a lot of files hanging around - every little install, patch and hot fix. It feels strange not needing them any more.

So I've installed V4.0 for CMBN but it doesn't show the CW and MG module?
And for CMFB do I need to instaal the V2.0 first and then V4.0?

So I've installed V4.0 for CMBN but it doesn't show the CW and MG module?
If you installed using the full installer then the modules will be there but perhaps they are not activated. Use the activate short cut to enter your module keys to turn them on for the V4 install - just make sure you are running the activate command for the V4 install.

And for CMFB do I need to instaal the V2.0 first and then V4.0?
The latest CMFB is version 2.0 and it includes the v4 engine. The only game that has a version 4 install for the v4 engine is CMBN since it was the one that was upgraded separately from the v1 engine.

After this latest round is done (CMFI is still pending) the latest game version and engine version will move from:

CMBN 3.12 v3 engine -> 4.00 v4 engine
CMRT 1.0? v3 engine -> 2.00 v4 engine
CMFB 1.03 v3 engine -> 2.00 v4 engine
CMBS 1.04 v3 engine -> 2.00 v4 engine
CMFI 1.2? v3 engine -> 2.00 v4 engine

(sorry I cannot remember the latest patch number for CMRT and I am not sure if CMFI has had a patch since the module or not.

The latest CMFB is version 2.0 and it includes the v4 engine. The only game that has a version 4 install for the v4 engine is CMBN since it was the one that was upgraded separately from the v1 engine.

After this latest round is done (CMFI is still pending) the latest game version and engine version will move from:

(sorry I cannot remember the latest patch number for CMRT and I am not sure if CMFI has had a patch since the module or not.

There's probably some perfectly sound IT reason why this numbering system makes sense, but for us Luddites it would have been easier to sync up up the engine version number between the titles. ie. version 4.02 would be the second patch for the 4th version of the game engine. :p

If you installed using the full installer then the modules will be there but perhaps they are not activated. Use the activate short cut to enter your module keys to turn them on for the V4 install - just make sure you are running the activate command for the V4 install.

Hi Cat. Do you want to continue our Highway game in 3.12? Or 4.0?

There's probably some perfectly sound IT reason why this numbering system makes sense, but for us Luddites it would have been easier to sync up up the engine version number between the titles. ie. version 4.02 would be the second patch for the 4th version of the game engine. :p

This! I've been moaning on the BF forum for them to do this for ages ... and what a perfect opportunity to have done it now at the point of a common upgrade and status (CMFI awaited ...) for them all!

I just hope they can keep them all in sync from now on (e.g. MG supression effect, TC button up reactions, etc etc) so that you can know from a common extension number what state each game is at ... I'm assuming that these and other effects have been made the same at the point of all of these x.00 versions??

Just for confirmation on the previous v numbers ...

- CMRT was at v1.03
- CMFI was indeed at v 1.2

There's probably some perfectly sound IT reason why this numbering system makes sense,
ie. version 4.02 would be the second patch for the 4th version of the game engine. :p

Indeed there is.

When a module is released the version needs to be incremented. Suddenly your unified version number is out of sync. They had one version number for a while but then people had to remember which game version has which engine upgrade.

It is not perfect and there are probably other schemes that would be fine too. It is better to stick with one than be changing it constantly. Now, as for sticking with it there have been some goofs I think. But we'll not get into that.

I can do either. I have both versions up and running. So I vote update to 4. I am not in front of my gaming computer so I don't remember who's turn it is. If it is yours upgrade away otherwise I will.

Ian
Well, my activation key doesn't work so give me a few days. I am YET to have a BF upgrade work as it is supposed to. I absolutely love their products but have no confidence in their upgrades...

I know there are infantry AI improvements in Upgrade 4.0 but I never expected this...
Thinking%20Pixeltruppen_zpsat3oi2sj.jpg~original

Well, my activation key doesn't work so give me a few days. I am YET to have a BF upgrade work as it is supposed to. I absolutely love their products but have no confidence in their upgrades...

I had issues (on a Mac) with my v4 Big Bundle key, with CMBN and CMRT ...

The key worked fine with CMBS and CMFB (newer titles, I guess), but for RT and BN you have to go back and use the earlier engine 3 keys you already have, and for BN then also reactivate the modules using their keys ...

This thread at BF details it, if this helps ...

http://community.battlefront.com/announcement/27-special-upgrade-4-tech-tips/

I had issues (on a Mac) with my v4 Big Bundle key, with CMBN and CMRT ...

The key worked fine with CMBS and CMFB (newer titles, I guess), but for RT and BN you have to go back and use the earlier engine 3 keys you already have, and for BN then also reactivate the modules using their keys ...

This thread at BF details it, if this helps ...

http://community.battlefront.com/announcement/27-special-upgrade-4-tech-tips/
Thank you Phil. Thy responded to my ticket and told me the same thing and it work! Thanks for the info here. It's good to have a fellow Mac user to lean on.

Back