Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Josey Wales CM Vids

<snipped>
@Badger73 yes you would have thought I'd have learnt my lesson from last time. In my defence I was just trying to contest Obj Sue as opposed to fully take it and deny @Big Joe the points.

@Josey Wales, I understand well such desperate temptations and readily fall into them myself. One of the reasons I so enjoy Combat Mission is that the game readily punishes bad tactics more often than not. One of the many reasons I enjoy your vid's are the sensible tactical plans you lay out so clearly in them. Your demonstrations of OCOKA, terrain analysis, enemy intent, fire planning, and maneuver planning are excellent. Your narratives as the action unfolds are superb. It makes me cringe a bit on the few occasions when you fall into lapses like that during the heat of battle. Be that as it may, keep these excellent videos a'coming, sir, and many thanks for doing them.

Last edited:
@rocketman @Nathangun yeah it's a classic song, very funny throughout with a great ending.

@Rico many thanks

@Badger73 Ha yeah I get your point. This is only my 8th ever multiplayer battle with any of the CM series. It may seem in my vids that I know what I'm doing up to a point but I still consider myself a beginner. My record so far in H2H is 3 losses, 3 draws, 1 actual win and 1 win by default as my opponent disappeared. I'm afraid there will be many more mistakes to come before I start to get good, and they will be laid bare for all to see.

@Josey Wales : Nicely done as always. Here is a clip I found interesting which looks at how Spielberg used effective editing etc in the famous Omaha-scene to guide the audience through a chaotic event. Might serve as inspiration.

Edit: This was actually the one I intended to post:

Last edited:
@rocketman thanks for posting these, I watched the 2nd one. That was an amazing insight into how Spielberg works, I like the concept of 'Chaos with Clarity'. I also found the shot length interesting, I typically have a shot length of around 3 seconds on average and sometimes find myself counting it out loud as I watch an edit. I might experiment with having them longer and trying zooms to transition to or from other scenes.

My main focus is movement, every shot I take is moving even if the thing I'm taking the shot of is static which I think helps shots flow into each other.

Thanks for sharing.

Back