Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

LMS-2: ROUND 1

Thanks Rico.

Anatomy of annihilation:

1) Nashorns positioned 700+ meters away, and far enough apart so that any explosion wouldn't kill them both.
2) AT gun battery hidden in woods, opening fire FIRST at the rearmost SU in the column, locking in the others.
3) AT guns led by a +2 combat plt leader, to give that added accuracy boost for those critical one shot kills.
4) Now that the armor threat is neutralized, all HE chuckers can plonk away at scrambling infantry, with particular attention paid to demolishing occupied buildings.

anatony_of_annihilation.jpg

And as an added how-do-you-do, a platoon of half squad Jagers (long range LMG's included) molest the flank. They button, pin and otherwise harass the route to the front...

anatomy2.jpg

I love this game. :smokin:

Yes I think about half my SU-76's were knocked out not by direct hits but by the blast of other SU's getting hit and exploding next to them, and by area-fire hitting the ground near them, typical of all flimsy open tops.
My tactics were bad, I took the lazy option of just charging into town in a big herd and hoping the buildings would shield the SU's, but the plan went pear-shaped when a couple were knocked out while moving on the road and their wrecks disrupted those following behind, causing a traffic jam and lots of milling around under fire.
With hindsight I should have kept the 12 SU's clear of the town with clear lines of fire to overwhelm the 4 Nashorns and 2 ATG's by sheer weight of numbers at odds of 2 to 1.
It's still ongoing, i've got several SU's left and will try to have a crack at Mikey's last 2 Nashes if the opportunity presents itself

Splendid screenshots boys. I'm looking forward to getting into my round i games in earnest.

From beyond the grave...

Just because he's dead doesn't mean this Jager's out of the fight...

hurl.jpg

Rico i have not heard a peep from Lord Bane yet. I do think he is extremely busy if I remember right...you want me to drop him a line or do you wish to check it out?

Right, I've found another computer, so me and Spectre's game is moving again =)

The nightmare continues..
I hurl my last 3 SU-76's down an alleyway to take on Mikey's last 2 Nashorns at top right but the flimsy Russian crates die without firing a shot and without taking a hit.
As with many previous SU losses, Mikey's area-fire knocks them out by simply impacting the ground and buildings near them and letting the shock wave make the crews bail, as here..
I surrendered at the end of this turn having lost 11 out of 12 SU's.
Mikey therefore picks up 60 ladder points from his 2 total vics..

LMS-2end2.gif

How's everybody doing in their battles?

I hope by now all the battles are up and running ok.

In my two battles vs AirborneBob it's so far so good -- in my Axis battle I have up to now managed to husband my Nashorns, not losing any yet and picking off his SU's one by one at long range.
In my Allied battle, I managed early on to destroy all of AB's Nashorns and am now pummeling his infantry with HE to soften them up for a final infantry assault.

Christian Soldier and I have to reach the halfway mark. I think pointswise I'm ahead, but it can still easily go either way. As German we both lost 1 gun and 1 Nashorn. As Russian CS lost a couple of SU's more then I. I think I'm ahead in the infantry battles. But still way too close to tell.

2054172 and I have just started. We are on turn 1. It is my fault as I have been incredibly busy for the last month. 2054172 has the file right now and once I get it back we should be able to rapidly finish it up.
Lord Bane

2054172 and I have started and progressed a few turns. So far he is taking apocolyptic losses in both battles. I await his turns so that I can smite him.
Lord Bane

ACSpectre and I are about halfway through. Running turn 12 now I think.

Back