Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Return to Magna Graecia - Turn 2

RYRRHUS plays a DIPLOMACY operation at Maleventum.
Hey! That's demeaning. It's P instead of R: PYPPHUS.
ROME plays a DIPLOMACY operation at Neapolis.

(Die Roll Modifiers: Friendly Army adjacent: +1) Die roll: 1 + 1 = 9 -- FAIL - Neapolis remains neutral.
1+1 = 2 surely? :cool:

Last edited:
I'll try to sway opinion in Neapolis again. My general is a political conspirator so, if I fail, I'll use my re-roll.

Here are the Call for Allies and Battle Map die rolls for the Battle of Corfinium.

Roman Army II
Capua (Modifiers: Regional Capital: +2, Greekling trait of army’s general: +1) -- Die roll: 7 + 3 = 10 --> +2 strength points added
Rome (Modifiers: Regional Capital: +2, Greekling trait of army’s general: +1) -- Die roll: 6 + 3 = 9 --> +2 strength points added
Corfinium (Modifiers: Greekling trait of army’s general: +1) -- Die roll: 2 + 1 = 3 --> the treacherous citizens of Corfinium send no troops

--> Total Army strength: 12 points

Pyrrhus Army II
Luceria (Modifiers: Greekling trait of army’s general: +1, ) -- Die roll: 3 + 1 = 4 --> +1 strength points added

Boviamum (Modifiers: Greekling trait of army’s general: +1, Samnite City +2) -- Die roll: 7 + 3 = 10 --> +2 strength points added

--> Total Army strength: 13 points

----------------------

BATTLE MAP: Die roll: 16-- Mediterranean Mountains

---------------------

@kronenblatt can do the honours of setting up the FOG battle.

Phyrrus campaign Turn 2 Cam 13.jpg

1698587315759.png

• Strength difference is 1 in Pyrrhic favour (13-12), why the Pyrrhic side will have 1600 FP and the Roman 1560 FP. (+40 FP difference for each strength difference).
  • Allies were successfully called from Samnite cities for the Pyrrhic side, so it must use Samnite 355-272 BC allies.
  • Getting allies from Capua and Rome doesn't result in any army list for allies for the Romans.
The game is therefore now set up with the TT Mod 1.5.32b as:

@kronenblatt Pyrrhus 280-275 BC with Samnite 355-272 BC allies (1600 FP) versus @chiquichops Roman 280-220 BC (1560 FP) on Mediterranean Mountains terrain.
Password: CORFINIUM

Enjoy!

The Mountains map could imply a lot of impassable terrain and thus not that many flanking opportunities for Pyrrhic cavalry, but we'll see...

And we're off! There are no mountains here, a few hills only. I hope I can get to the bottom of why I can't post screenshots. In the meantime:
I'm arrayed on the high ground back and slightly to the left. There's a river, which cuts a third of the battlefield off, up against my left flank with a ford. There are a couple of fords up in Pyrrhus' end too. I have open ground to my right with a woods quite a lot further right. Patches of rough dot the plain in front. Not ideal heavy infantry country but not rugged by any means.

Back