Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

THREE KINGDOMS - FOG Medieval Campaign - TURN 4

You can't anyway, seeing as I occupy Reitano right now. Negreno either, am I right?
He can -- ony applies to Major Towns and Capitals.

Diplomacy represents all the various non-military means the two powers might leverage to influence a Major Town or City —bribery, treachery, coup attempts, or simply currying political favour. Catania, Syracusa and Major Towns with an enemy army may never be targets of Diplomacy.

Page 6 says: major or minor town with an enemy army.

Am I using a different set of rules? Is there a v1.2 ?

Page 6 says: major or minor town with an enemy army.

Am I using a different set of rules? Is there a v1.2 ?

Ah ... yes, that one is right -- there's a discrepancy between that and page 3 intro of Diplomacy. (I hate writing rules -- good thing I am not a lawyer...LOL)

This is the correct rule (we go with the one on page 6):

A Diplomacy operation may be played in any neutral or hostile space (except Capital Cities, or a major or minor town with an enemy army).
A Diplomacy action allows one die roll attempt on the Diplomacy Table.

@Nathangun -- please replay your action.

Catania Army I marches to Negreno.

Catania Army I revealed as 10 strength.
Syracusa Army II revealed as 10 strength.

Syracusa Army II stands and fights -- Map die roll: 5 --> Hilly

1000pts vs 1000pts

@Nathangun -- battle challenge set up. Pw: FGM1

View attachment 30855

Hey Rico I'm busy the next day or two, will pick this up on Monday.

It looks as if this round might give some results, it's been pretty much a stalemate so far.

Battle for Negreno eventually getting up close and personal... my Ottomans finally managed to rout and disrupt some of @Nathangun 's units and close the % count a bit (it was 16% to 0 in his favour at one point) -- but the effort and ammo expended might spell my doom at the end ... those pike units are nigh indestructible by fire at range...
(forgot to take a screenshot -- try and remember next turn)

The end is nigh.

xK0r6iF.jpeg

Our battle ended, on screen it was 32% loses each. On further inspection @Rico edged it.

RFqyLru.jpeg

Interesting fight -- both sides wanted to keep losses down -- definitely a DRAW.

Damn, looking at that screen, we were badly outnumbered in terms of manpower -- in the end both Armies lose 2 strength points and are reduced to 8 points.

I'll update the map a little later this afternoon/evening.

Back