Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Time travel

Reminds me of Gary Larson and "The Far Side"
Yep, my first reaction as well. Brilliant :LOL:
Reminds me that I should bring out my Far Side comics. Been ages since last time.
This is a favourite:
kFuJwhx.jpg

Yeah very funny stuff.

Reminds me of a story when I was 17 or so... my brother just got back frompeace-keeping duties in Bosnia with the British Army and took me out drinking a few days before Xmas. At the time I had to buy my girl an Xmas present but forgot but a garage was selling Gary Larson books and I picked one up for her with some chocolates. (whilst drunk) I hasten to add. Needless to say she wasnt impressed when she opened this book.

0836217012.jpg

Yeah very funny stuff.

Reminds me of a story when I was 17 or so... my brother just got back frompeace-keeping duties in Bosnia with the British Army and took me out drinking a few days before Xmas. At the time I had to buy my girl an Xmas present but forgot but a garage was selling Gary Larson books and I picked one up for her with some chocolates. (whilst drunk) I hasten to add. Needless to say she wasnt impressed when she opened this book.

View attachment 15821

If it's any consolation the woman I married owns EVERY Far Side anthology...had them before I met her. Being married to me has thinned out her sense of humor though...

Did they ban all comic books or The Far Side in particular?
Yeah bunch of books they found offensive and thought were instilling the wrong principles in young minds. The Far Side with it's comical rendition of God was squarely on that list. My old man was a big fan at the time so it's the books that got me in trouble when I brought them to school - why I remember it was on the list.

To be fair a number of the teachers were very liberal and looked the other way, especially the English teachers who had big run ins with school boards/the nuns/parents groups and the like. Year 9's reading an internationally acclaimed novel for a literature review that happened to have a sex scene in it... blasphemous! (A Hand Maids Tale). Bumping into some of my old teachers in recent years it seems things have got better, and the barbed wire from the external fences has been removed. :p

Every year or so I dust off my Far Side and Calvin & Hobbes collections ... sometimes Doonesbury as well (although he's still going)
Calvin & Hobbes is my all time favourite. It has had a great influence on me. Here is another entry like the one I linked to for The Far Side:

Back