Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Top Dog

Who is the top dog around here?
top dogs that I am familiar with - @MeatEtr & @Cargol & @Brille
You haven't been around long enough, They use to have a ladder for the players. I was the number one ranked player, then it unfortunatley got canned for 2023. So forget your three none of them got to the top
You see chap that was a bait question. He asked it so he could then remind all of us that he won the ladder for one year (scores reset every year). But what he wont tell you is how he and the other top players often would play noobs to pad their stats. :LOL:

Kidding aside, I never really got into ladders much for CM2. Played the Blitz alot back in the CM1 days. Im more into tourneys and campaign stuff. Just more camaraderie with other FGMers during and after battles. Good times! (y)

Several years ago I did take a run at the ladder here for one year and if memory serves, I had the best win/loss ratio. But I think I got like 3rd place or something. I just didnt play or report enough games to win it. So in my view, ladder stats arent always a reflection of skill but more about whos the most active. I just dont have the time for it and my give-a-sh!t meter is empty! :D

You see chap that was a bait question. He asked it so he could then remind all of us that he won the ladder for one year (scores reset every year). But what he wont tell you is how he and the other top players often would play noobs to pad their stats. :LOL:

Kidding aside, I never really got into ladders much for CM2. Played the Blitz alot back in the CM1 days. Im more into tourneys and campaign stuff. Just more camaraderie with other FGMers during and after battles. Good times! (y)

Several years ago I did take a run at the ladder here for one year and if memory serves, I had the best win/loss ratio. But I think I got like 3rd place or something. I just didnt play or report enough games to win it. So in my view, ladder stats arent always a reflection of skill but more about whos the most active. I just dont have the time for it and my give-a-sh!t meter is empty! :D
I get that, a lot depends on what you are into, Like you i love the camaraderie as well, and if you want to play a few games i would have taken the same approach as yourself...I did so for awhile, but if you want to get into it and play alot of games why not have a bit of fun with the ladder...I think end of the day all the players here are a mature bunch and have there own agendas but the one thing we all have in common is respect for our opponents and enjoy a competative game. Having a bit of competative fun was all part of the package along with the bantering which was all light hearted fun

OH, THIS JUST WANTS ME TO SOMEHOW GET TITAN INTO MY FIELD WARRIORS TOURNEMENT.

I dont think, I know who the top players are.

MeatEtr is the best player here, its not a question

Cargol is also very good,

Brille I cannot speak about, never played him, never seen him in a Tournament

Titan, you are a good player, but you are not even close to the level of these two. ( but at least you have alot of self cofendence)

ALso have to agree with Meatetr, the Ladder format was not a good method to judge who is the best players.

Titan, you are a good player, but you are not even close to the level of these two. ( but at least you have alot of self cofendence)

ALso have to agree with Meatetr, the Ladder format was not a good method to judge who is the best players.

Titan, you are a good player, but you are not even close to the level of these two. ( but at least you have alot of self cofendence) I think you are just guessing here, i dont think you have ever played me so i dont know how you can judge...Neither have the other two. I am pretty sure and i wont say top dog but one of the top dogs, with nemisis being the other. I topped Cargol on rankings on Blitz last year and i see here is there. Infact i am now going to seek him out and give him a game he will not forget.

nice

Last edited:
I also back in the CMBO and CMBB days i won three tourneys on cases ladder..And he sent me trophies to prove it..not sure where they are all now but i did post pictures of all three trophies on this site a couple of years ago
How old are you boy? Is it 61 or 16?
In any event, take it easy, we are a bunch of really friendly people, well at least until @Meat Grinder steps in the room.

How old are you boy? Is it 61 or 16?
In any event, take it easy, we are a bunch of really friendly people, well at least until @Meat Grinder steps in the room.
Haha. chill, I agree..nothing like some light hearted fun, speaking of meatgrinder is he still around or gone to ground?

Last edited:
Titan, you are a good player, but you are not even close to the level of these two. ( but at least you have alot of self cofendence) I think you are just guessing here, i dont think you have ever played me so i dont know how you can judge...Neither have the other two.

Guessing, maybe.

But I have played for a very long time, have always been skilled enough to win most players and carry a win loss adverage in the 70 to 80 percent range against good players, not noobs.

Have run at least a dozen tournaments, where I can see the matches and see the level of play of the players that are particibating. Have reached out to most of the best players and had additional matches against them myself, if i have never played them.

I have played you or I would not have a clue, it was in the Garry Owen cup, Beat you and then had to hear how unfair it was and other excuses you had to share.

But winning or losing is not how one tells if a player is good. its a portion of the results, good princibles being used in game play leads to many wins, but it is easy to see how good a player is and to still see them lose in this hobby where skill does not always bring victory, just most of the time.

I coached Basketball and Volleyball for a good portion of my life and always had successful teams, one of the main reasons for that is having the skill to see talent and skill or portential talent and developing it in the players.
I feel I do the same thing in this hobby, I literally rate everyone I play or review a battle of.

I run my "Field Warrior Tournaments" in a format that I feel does just that. Provide the best way I know of for the true talented players to work their way to the top portion of the group as their skills will hopefully shine.

So as a coach, if I had to pick my starting 5 in this hobby on this site.
I dont know if you would be in it (I rate players on a scale of (1 to 5) with some being rated between.

MeatEtr is my only #5 player (a true SuperStar)
No one at 4.5
I have a large group of players with ratings as (3.5 to 4) with Cargol falling in this group
You are also likely in this group, but I do not have enough data to say for sure, but I am pretty sure its where you at.

So I will be judgemental, because that is the way I am. I would love nothing more than for you to prove me wrong and show me you are more skilled than where I beleive you to be, thus as I said before. It would be my treat to see you particibate in my Tournaments and for you to shine and to show that you are as skilled as you beleive yourself to be.

I’ll chime in here as I think slysniper (and OPO) tournaments are much better than the slitherine variety, although I play in those as well. IMHO, the tournaments, in general, are the best way to measure yourself against the opposition and the FGM tournaments are the best at doing so. I am always thankful for the great games and oppo I’ve been assigned. I’ve said this before but being great at CM and $5 will get you a latte at Starbucks ;) what we are here for is challenging opponents because playing the AI is not really that challenging.

@SlySniper , can I see your rating of my next tournament opponent please ?! ;)

can I see your rating of my next tournament opponent please ?! ;)

Just so you know, as the tournament progresses, you are normally paired against someone that is playing about the same as you.

So by round 4 or 5, if you have not done well, you will be playing against someone in the same situation, If you are a top player, you will face a top player.

It does not always work out that way, but that is the goal of the match up system that I have.

Early rounds are more random as to the level of player you might meet.

top dogs that I am familiar with - @MeatEtr & @Cargol & @Brille

Well I might be a decent player but "top dog" I don´t know. :D

We just have played like 1 game or so if I´m not mistaken, so you probably have said that to early. Come to think of it our cold war engagement wasn´t that decisive in the end...so that calls for another round, or what do you say ? ^^

Only tournaments so far were those made by OnePing (and still pending), so relatively fresh in that regard I may say.

However I played a tournament back then in the "WargamesPlayerClub VS FewGoodMen" in the CMx1 days.

Never the less I´m up for a challenge and am not interested in ladders anymore or such. I Just don´t have the games output to be of any relevance. :LOL:

Titan, you are a good player, but you are not even close to the level of these two. ( but at least you have alot of self cofendence) I think you are just guessing here, i dont think you have ever played me so i dont know how you can judge...Neither have the other two. I am pretty sure and i wont say top dog but one of the top dogs, with nemisis being the other. I topped Cargol on rankings on Blitz last year and i see here is there. Infact i am now going to seek him out and give him a game he will not forget.
Actually we did play once in one of Ricos tourneys several yrs ago. I not only beat you but you quit the tourney. :p I played Nemesis as well, he TRPed the sh!t outta my defense but my boys held and I beat him as well.

Also wanna echo and invite you to Sly's Field Warrior tourneys. They are completely blind, a good test of ones skills. No QB tricks, aka. the game within the game.

Haha. chill, I agree..nothing like some light hearted fun, speaking of meatgrinder is he still around or gone to ground?
Yeah he's ( @Meat Grinder ) on some kind of prolonged menstrual cycle! That should get his attention! :ROFLMAO:

Actually we did play once in one of Ricos tourneys several yrs ago. I not only beat you but you quit the tourney. :p I played Nemesis as well, he TRPed the sh!t outta my defense but my boys held and I beat him as well.

Also wanna echo and invite you to Sly's Field Warrior tourneys. They are completely blind, a good test of ones skills. No QB tricks, aka. the game within the game.

Yeah he's ( @Meat Grinder ) on some kind of prolonged menstrual cycle! That should get his attention! :ROFLMAO:

Only Tourney i recall playing here was world vs USA or something like that.

Anyway now that a fire or two has been lightened I am all in for the next tourney when one comes up..I think Sly said the field tourney is full so i put myself down as a replacement if someone pulls out

Grinder has come out in full force at me on another thread regarding food:)

Last edited:
Back