Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

WarHammer 40K Sanctus Reach - anybody try this?

I did the same as Rico. Moved hard left and won on the second try.

Well, feeling better about myself. Finally put that battle in the W column, but it was still a near run thing. Thereafter I've been romping and stomping over the Orcs in several skirmish battles. Wolves Rule! However...now I find myself in a fight for my life. The map is kind of set up as a huge skirmish battle, but reinforcements keep coming in for both sides from multiple directions. Fair to say things are...tense.

Well, I got through the most recent battle none he worse for wear. Something odd happened though.

The mission briefing did not say anything about a turn limit. What? A few turns onto the battle I checked again and nothing. So I figured I could play a bit conservative as the Orcs are just so much moving meat to my Wolves firepower if I don't have to rush things. I checked again. No change.

Then, about mid battle or so I saw where the objectives had changed. What? No longer after VP locations, but was ordered to kill off specific Orc heavy support units. Uh, OK. So did that and then the objective reverted back to capturing VP locations and, "Oh, by the way. There are 4 turns left." WTF!? I only succeeded in getting all the VP spots because the game gave me two OT turns (which I didn't know could happen). Still, I failed to get the optional location.

What difference does it make how big a victory you get? Does it affect the amount of units you have to choose from for your next battle's OOB? I can't find anything on that in the manual and so far too lazy to Google it. Sure, bigger victory means your troops probably earned more experience towards upgrading, but otherwise I don't see the benefit.

9. Do not kill off all the Orc units before you capture all the VP locations. The battle ends immediately if you do and you don't get credit for any remaining VP locations still unoccupied.

I'm doing Stormclaw.
Checked the forum and no answers to my victory condition question. Seems everyone knows but me.

The recent patch 1.10 fixes a couple of issues I ran into. One I mentioned previously that I took two losses because the clock seemed to run from two to zero with no one turn left in between. Bug is fixed.

Also, I noticed some of my meltagun units (and maybe others) were gaining level 2, but rec'd no unit perk. Didn't think much more about it, but that was a bug that was fixed as well. The developers are very active in their support, already asking what we'd like to see in next DLC.

Last edited:
Back