Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Why hello there

S

Suzuya

Hello all

Its good to finally be on-site, heard the place mentioned dozens of times in quiet little corners of the BF forums and from a few members who spread the word such as Ithikial so i have finally got around to actually creating an account.

Been playing CM properly for about a year, had messed around with some demos for SF before but had never really had that hook to drag me in. One of my friends however owned BFN and seeing i was interested got me to grab the bundle when it went on sale about a year ago with a few others and since then i've been a sucker for the series. As of the moment i only really play BFN and BS as while i have touched on SF and Italy i still feel as if really only explored about half the content that's actually available however Bulge will certainly be on the buying list when it comes around.

Since i have 4-5 pals to play CM with i had held off on joining any groups to do with the game but when seeing some of the campaigns you fellas run they look like excellent fun and when checking around saw you did a load of really interesting stuff so being interested in perhaps trying to join one in time.

I should also mention that i'm bloody terrible but anyone who plays me will find that out soon enough anyhow, aside from that i play a lot of ArmA where i play with the lads over at 3CB but would happily join some fellows for a game (Hopefully you use ACE :p)

Other than that not to much to mention, so i'll see you all around.

Welcome to the Club Suzuya Good to have you with us plenty going on here, We recommend you read the Links to the site take a look I am sure you will find them useful,
The Few Good Men are welcoming you to enjoy your stay with us
If you have an opinion or subject for any of the Forums please join
in the Chat......
You will find a lot of interesting people here, who are sharing your hobby and we are proud of being far more than just a platform for finding war-gaming opponents.

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/site-manual.25/

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/combat-mission-x-2-cmbn-cmfi-cmrt-add-ons.160/

If you have any questions or need some help with the site, please feel free to contact our official welcome committee members Hedgehog or Shorker. We will be happy to assist you. Just click on the names in the members list or underneath the avatar picture and then on "Start A Conversation" or reply

Hello Suzuya, welcome to THE FEW GOOD MEN!
Good to have you with us! :)

Joining this community was the right decision because Combat Mission is at it's best when played head to head (H2H). :cool:

For to get involved into the PBEM H2H gaming action, please go to the gaming section and choose the category with
the game that you'd like to play (CMBS or CMBN etc.). There you'll find the postings for gaming requests
(just scroll down a little). And there you may also start your own, of course. ;)

WWII -------> http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/combat-mission-x-2-cmbn-cmfi-cmrt-add-ons.160/

Modern ----> http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/combat-mission-x-2-cmsf-cma-cmbs-add-ons.169/

Enjoy the club and become a part of our community - there are many reliable gaming partners here, plenty of stuff to
check out and good people to meet.

Well Hulloooooo yourself :)

As Hedgehog says (and I agree) there are a lot of interesting (code for slightly strange don't you know), knowledgeable and helpfule people on this site. Ask questions, make outrageous statements, just natter or even (Shock) challemge someone to a game, it's all fun.

Tournaments are great whether you are reading or playing; but MOST of the crowd here are good to play PBeM games with and many will coach you and assist in a useful way. Being beaten by better players is best way to learn.

Thanks Hedgehog/Shorker i'll have a read through those links and a proper trawl through the forums tomorrow and get myself up to scratch with what goes on and how to get involved.

Bootle i'm from Greenock/Gourock its a town on the west coast along from Glasgow, actually sparked my interest in history when i was younger by reading about how the Royal Navy's Home Fleet was based here as well as the launch point for the Atlantic Convoys was based and launched from this area, plus i have HMNB Clyde directly across the river from myself so from my veranda i get to see the Vanguards steaming up and down fairly often. Plus the RM exercises and all the naval tasks going on i get a fairly good ship gallery going past my window quite often. Decent place to live it you like Ships.

Cheers for the welcomes guys.

Welcome to the club. :)

For the ARMA 3 side, yep we use ACE and the weekly time is Sunday 12:30 GMT. (But not this weekend). We have a new campaign getting started in a couple of weeks. Head over to the ARMA 3 section of the forums for details on what mods you'll need to take part. @DoubleD runs the ARMA show here. The ARMA crew is a bit smaller and more laid back than dedicated ARMA clans. It's also mandatory that all new recruits undertake at least one mission in their long johns.

Back