Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

12,000 Pt Video AAR

I have watched/read as many CMx2 AARs as I could to learn more about this game before purchasing it (and because it's the next best thing to playing :)).

Just wanted to mention I am really enjoying this one in particular. Thanks for posting them.

Great job and terrific analysis of what you think is going to happen. Your service to the club is commendable.

I will stand up and applause you Ithikial ,until the wife yells at me to stop, for an excellent monster of an AAR. Well done sir!

Cheers Septic. Sad to see it patter out at the end there but was still a good fight. Probably won't be doing another one of them for a while, MP games take forever for Youtube compared to SP ones. If only BF incorporated a battle replay feature like the Total War series, life would be about ten times easier.

Thanks to @Dutch Grenadier and @Strachwitz for letting me film it and play the part of Switzerland.

Excellent job Ithikial, and thanks to the two combatants Dutch Grenadier and Strachwitz for the hard-fought engagement. Kudos.

The battle went well untill those bloody airplanes appeared. I was forced to move my Tigers. After that my armor was dropping like flies and I was forced to redeploy my men. Also it seemed that we both had the same battle plan. I did not expected him on my left flank.

And the artillery... yikes. That late-game barrage on your center was both a bit terrifying to watch. Great sportsmanship playing it out.

He had 38 mins or so of shells to rain down on you. Light mission order on relatively small area from two batteries. Most of the files with the artillery barrage were actually lost and not recorded thanks to H2HH and a bit of carelessness emptying of the recycle bin on my part.

That was a superb job doing the VAAR! Thoroughly enjoyed it. It was extremely interesting to see this from both perspectives. Many learning moments for myself in terms of watching strategies of both unfold. Well done to all involved.

First of all! A really really big thank you Ithikial. The VAAR you have done is fantastic! I can just imagine how much time this consumed.

Generally the War Correspondent Format, showing both sides, is enlightening in many cases. Most of the time you never have any insights in the FOW-system that close. Seeing what your enemy could see during the battle afterwards was sometimes very surprising to me. I gave me many new insights in how FOW works on both sides.

After I have watched most of the episodes now I feel kind of guilty although I know I didn`t have to. My cautious and slow playing style for sure was not the right one to get lots and lots of action throughout the game. But that`s my approach to long games like this. Never taking to much risks and analyzing the situation. But from the perspective of the war correspondent it sure was boring for some long times.

Sorry for that Ithikal. I never actually thought about having an "audience" and keep them entertained. The 40 minute artillery bombardment for example was not very entertaining to see but is a very effective tactical measure. As I had plenty of time to attack the middle objective I choose to drop harassing fire for that long time. This has some big advantages over a heavy mission in my opinion. During a heavy mission the ordnance is delivered in a few minutes maximum and has the disadvantage that after the first few round the enemy is lying prone and hiding behind walls etc. So just direct hits on the buildings can do some real damage. With the harassing fire mission there are just 2-3 shells hitting the objective during one turn. That way the enemy will hide but will pop up again later to look around and then the next rounds fall from the sky and the enemy is more often hit by shrapnel. The next advantages are that enemy movement in and out of the general area is highly restricted for a long long time as he never knows when or where the next rounds are impacting and the last but not least the impact on the morale of units is sometimes dramatic. After 30 minutes constant rain of lead the poor guys trapped in the area are often broken before I even have to risk the lifes of my own pixeltruppen.

So, sorry for the slowrolling of the gameplay and again thank you for doing this VAAR!

Hopefully we didn`t pushed it to the limits :). Bill and I started a 160000 Pointer on the Studienka map a few weeks ago. Until now everything works fine. But the actual fighting has not yet started.....

Back