Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Anyone interested in Boardgames still?

@Gnarly its definitely interesting. Chad Jensen - the creator of Combat Commander created this game/series. Fighting Formations. Its a bit of a wristy game, you need a face to face partner for it since it is very different than your usual mechanics.
I am currently playing a solitaire of Chickamauga and I just picked up these two games...
CyY38BjVIAQhxvS.jpg:large

I haven't played both in over a decade. Victory in the West is pretty big, and very traditional...Silver bayonet; NAM!!!! I also have a few ACW games coming in and my ancients are collecting dust at this time.

I highly advise looking into the COIN series games by Volko Ruhnke - Which is a legit asymmetric simulation. It really gives the perspective of insurgencies in game form...Amazing Mechanics - really outside of the box in terms of the psychological effects.

The spouse finally convinced me to find homes for my board games about 7 years ago (I hadn't touched them in over a decade). Been looking around lately but can't find anyone that plays them, just stuff like Bolt Action or Warhammer 40k.
Are there any other single player games you recommend? I will check out Chickamauga.

Any of you guys checked out Vassal...Bootie did a thread on it a while back. It's a great way to put your games to use...

Picked up Battle for Normandy from GMT (inc expansion) and it's sitting there tempting me, just need to get my mates around to actually give it a shot. Just hope they will pack their precious miniatures away for a few weekends.

Never saw games like these in stores (where I live) in the Netherlands. But got this one for ages. Played it a lot:

Attachments

• Colditz.jpg
    Colditz.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 13
Do you mean board games in general? Over here in Germany they are played a lot.

Or Board War Games? I just started to play them this weekend with my CM-Buddy, who is an old-school board-wargamer, owning about 20 or so. We played "Eastern Front Tank Leader", a great game with nice mechanics. It was great fun!
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/6226/eastern-front-tank-leader

Definitely making it a habit!

Last edited by a moderator:
Only one board game worth talking about and that's advanced squad leader

I have S&T's number 22-69 :) besides others as ASL, Fast Carriers (a classic), etc... shit they are all packed away... being a cat lover and being a tabletop war game lover, its just easier to play on the 'puter... :eek:

Thx Big Joe. I'm already on it. I also play a little on VASL.

Thx Big Joe. I'm already on it. I also play a little on VASL.
I went to the Intensive Fire tournament in Bornemouth last November but ended up spending more time at the Bovington tank museum nearby. Haven't played ASL in over 30 years vs my old ASL buddy and felt a bit out of touch with the game watching the vets play. But did get a chance to play test a small scenario someone was working on. Both victory conditions were met with a draw and no casualties on either side.

should look at VASL virtual advance squad leader. really easy to set up and its free

Yes, I have VASL. The guys at the tournament showed it to me.
should look at VASL virtual advance squad leader. really easy to set up and its free
Members of 'View from the Trenches' showed me VASL and it looked pretty good. They said ideally, you need to be playing at the same time. These tournaments are the only times some of these guys get to play ASL.

Back