Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Aurelius's CMx2 Screenshot Gallery

Aurelius

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Following images were made in a Red Thunder PBEM game against my friend and long time opponent. I am defending as the German Army, he is attacking as the Soviet Guards.

Guard fire team observing and covering one of the approaches to a village.

zv4RHel.jpg

The German fire team greets them.

bPSPjGr.jpg

Ten seconds of fire later.

TOg55W0.jpg

As soon as that firefight ends, another Guards team starts approaching the village.

5q3B0DQ.jpg

Warm greeting is organized.

nsBkqEG.jpg

Five seconds later, the Guards fire team is destroyed, the fourth member flees in terror.

vyzPwFj.jpg

You’re doing well! :)

So far. That squad, split into fire teams, managed to stop a platoon in place. I expect my opponent to bring his IS 2's into action and demolish their positions. He will inadvertently open new avenues for me to ambush him (hopefully). :)

The first firefight of the match.

In order to get a better firing position and an opportunity to hear the movement of my opponents troops, I move my team forward. They get intercepted.

SkxjTxh.jpg

rcdU9gS.jpg

The overwatch team opens fire and quickly deals with the threat.

pfTSf6o.jpg

g1ijPTx.jpg

A sniper pops up and gets dispatched by another team on overwatch.

ejoGxaf.jpg

xiKiOS2.jpg

8MQvThT.jpg

Back to Red Thunder.

As expected, through sheer numbers and volume of fire, my opponent managed to break through my first line of defense. There are still some isolated elements fighting their last stand. Even though a breakthrough was achieved, it lacks coordination between infantry and armor. I manage to take out an IS 2.

eyUZ2pm.jpg

2YCckVg.jpg

Images made in an aftermath of an RT PBEM game. I played as Soviet Guards. Even though the match didn't end well for me, I managed to destroy an entire company at the cost of one platoon worth of casualties (spread across two companies).

One of the several destroyed outpost on the frontal edge of the first line of defense. This one was destroyed by small arms, some others with combination of small arms and tank fire.

VrrZCaU.jpg

The beginning of major combat was marked by the death of German platoon commander. He was the first casualty, killed by a sniper.

3ByiaaW.jpg

Panzerschreck team hiding in a shed. They fired, missed and paid the ultimate price.

yFdLAsh.jpg

A German fire team was surprised by my sappers. Several bursts of PPS/PPSh later>

6FHxfmj.jpg

An MG 34 neutralized by sappers.

4PezV0n.jpg

As the casualties mounted for my opponent, his platoons started breaking. A platoon HQ team destroyed in the process>

Px7IKRd.jpg

A gap in the hedge proved a good aiming spot for one of my DP 28 gunners>

BFIChf0.jpg

An HMG position demolished by tank fire.

QCgb7oC.jpg

The battle saw some fighting in the woods. I destroyed two full squads with no casualties on my side.

3EdBovu.jpg

ZOMeEBZ.jpg

Order of the Red Star moment.

Little background. During an ongoing match, two of my soldiers face a tough situation. Their team was ambushed during a house clearing maneuver. Leader was killed by a burst from an MP 40, another team member was grievously wounded by a flame-thrower.

IfAHDoz.jpg

I predicted that move by my opponent (he likes to ambush teams moving into house by waiting on the opposite side, on the outside). The tank that was supposed to area fire behind the house was destroyed by a
Panther. It was a failure on my part for not providing some redundancy.

dkBT13B.jpg

For some reason, the two of the decide that moving back into the house is the best option. One of them immediately opens fire and kills the German with the flame-thrower.

YO0L61u.jpg

He is, in turn, heavily wounded by a German with an Gewehr 43.

OFmbPZn.jpg

That German is, in turn, killed by our hero.

konv9zX.jpg

After that, our hero moves and kills the MP 40 wielding German, the second member of the flame-thrower team. (Obscured by smoke)

NUU4tix.jpg

He then kills a German with a Kar98K. (The one that was kneeling)

42B6mwe.jpg

He proceeds to calmly reload his PPSh.

y3naiR7.jpg

Then he kills the German with the MG 42. (Right next to the guy with the MP 40)

IlMMUKW.jpg

Dark is the night, indeed.

Does the ambush from outside always work? I've tried it in SF2 with Uncons, but they didn't see the US entering the building in time, and got slaughtered (instead of ambushing).

Does the ambush from outside always work? I've tried it in SF2 with Uncons, but they didn't see the US entering the building in time, and got slaughtered (instead of ambushing).

It worked this time. In the same battle, my guys destroyed his ambush element just some turns prior to this situation. They probably heard my guys, the flame thrower-team wasn't in a bad morale state, wasn't suppressed. The other German team - that squad lost 70% of its numbers due to tank and automatic fire - I guess that is why their reaction was sub-par.

For some reason, the two of the decide that moving back into the house is the best option.
After the last patch in BS, the supressed or shaken infantrymen enter houses (as a shelter) much more often. This change was noticed in the patch manual. The same reason may be here. But I think that the pixeltroops themselves weren't told about it. It can explain the torpor of the Germans.:unsure:

After the last patch in BS, the supressed or shaken infantrymen enter houses (as a shelter) much more often. This change was noticed in the patch manual. The same reason may be here. But I think that the pixeltroops themselves weren't told about it. It can explain the torpor of the Germans.:unsure:

Isn't Red Thunder waiting for the module release? I seem to remember patching everything, except Red Thunder... :unsure:

Yeah, it is. I just can't remember anything about last RT patch, even has it ever been or not since CM2 release. It was only a guess.

Back