Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Battle Brothers -- bloody addictive game

Can you explain the difference between "% of damage ignores armor" and "% effective against armor".

Sorta:

Desktop Screenshot 2022.09.08 - 14.40.12.08.png

But all you really need to know to play the game is that higher is better, for both stats. :)

I have never been presented with an in game choice where I was compelled to "do the math" on which weapon is better.

"Destroyer of Heroes" VS the standard issue "Greataxe" has been my closest choice so far. Both are two handed axes:

Greataxe.png
Destroyer of Heroes.png

So, the Greataxe is a fine weapon, and actually has the advantage in base damage, 80-100 VS the Destroyer of Heroes base damage of 75-90. They each are 150% effective against armor. The Destroyer of Heroes pulls ahead, however, as 61% of it's damage ignores armor, whereas only 40% of the Greataxe's damage ignores armor. That is the big difference, IMO. The DoH also has a better durability than the Greataxe (122 VS 80) though I have found that to be of minor importance unless a battle goes so long that your weapons start breaking in the middle of the battle, which has never happened to me, though I have had it happen to shields several times

The Greataxe does an impressive shield damage of 36, while the DoH does a massive shield damage of 54, which I think will probably destroy most shields in the game with one hit. Both weapons have the same fatigue factor.

The winner, IMO, between the two weapons, is clearly the Destroyer of Heroes.

The game developers make it simple by assigning a coin ("crowns") value to each weapon and piece of armor. Higher value = better 99% of the time. There may be special circumstances where this is not the case, but I'm not that concerned with min/maxing. ;-)

Last edited:
This was a tough fight. Took us five tries to finally win with no losses, but I wanted the legendary two handed axe that was being carried by their champion, Brand Battleborn. The dangerous thing about this fight, besides Brand himself who can do a massive amount of damage in a short time, is the fact that there is also a barbarian king, who also can produce prodigious damage, AND several barbarian chosen and the rest being reavers. All in all, this battle can turn on a dime. You think you are winning, and BAM, one or two of your men are down in one round.

So, my strategy, after several attempts, was to focus all available DPS on Brand, then the King, then anyone wielding one of those two handed skull maces. All else was of secondary importance, and I was quite willing to sacrifice some dogs, though I don't think I actually did in the final battle. It was still very close.

Congrats to @Wellsonian, new wielder of Destroyer of Heroes. :)

View attachment 27849
Can you explain your obvious disrespect for the "hogs" in the center of the line when distributing superior weaponry? And I ain't kissing yo' ass for a heavy-duty weapon, so don't go there...

I think I can explain it even better with an example. Note that I believe this is how the two stats work, but I'm not 100% certain.

Ok, let's say you are using a weapon that has "50% of damage ignores armor" and "150% effective against armor". To keep things simple, let's say you hit your opponent for 100 damage. 50% of that completely ignores armor so your opponent takes 50 damage to his hitpoints. The other 50 points of damage goes to the armor, but since the weapon is 150% effective against armor, the armor actually takes 75 damage.

Can you explain your obvious disrespect for the "hogs" in the center of the line when distributing superior weaponry? And I ain't kissing yo' ass for a heavy-duty weapon, so don't go there...

Haha, I give 'em out as I get them, and most of you are specialized in different weapons, so, obviously, if we get a legendary hammer it goes to Barry the Bloody.

Last edited:
Did that Barbarian King's helmet have any decent armor rating?
If so, I'd look kinda spiffy in it I think. However, I do really like my current gold one though.
I do not look like an escaped clown...as do some of my other brothers. :whistle:

Nah, it sucked.

As did "The Raiding Lord" I'll spare you the video. Suffice to say we lopped his head off without much fuss.

Searching for a challenging battle to post.

Last edited:
MG, what difficulty setting are you playing on?
I played this quite a bit, but even on <moron> difficulty I reached a point of hopelessness
and had to admit defeat.

I'm playing on Veteran difficulty.

Terry, I'm like a dog gnawing on a bone, when it comes to gaming. I will not give up, once I set my mind to it. ;-)

FGM Company is going to continue to Git Gud. Max level is 33, and most of us are only 16.

Back