Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Best Recent Board games

Lot of stuff, really interesting games. My choice in no particular order:
7th Continent (never played but I read a lot of positive feedbacks)
Terraforming Mars
Sagrada (family)
Scythe
Gloomhaven (amazing if you like dungeon crawl)

Lots of good games on this list! The only one I can speak directly to is Codenames. Very easy and a lot more fun than you might think.

I personally have been interested in Azul and Scythe.

Pandemic Legacy is listed and, while I have not played it specifically, can recommend the Pandemic line of games if you like cooperative games.

Not on this list, basically because they are older, I highly recommend any Ticket To Ride (known as "The Train Game" in my family). Easy to learn and teach, simple to play, and extremely stress inducing, in a fun way, when you play. I have almost all the versions of it. Splendor I another one I really like! Both of these have Steam versions though I have not played online. If any of you are game, pardon the pun, to play either of them I'd consider buying them on Steam. They are both multiplayer so could be fun if a few of us had either of them.

Carscassone is another great boardgame! Have not looked to see if it's on Steam to but highly recommend it as well.

I just recently got interested in Board games.
So far I´ve only played risk and axis of allies, but those games seemed kinda to plain and simple.
Then a person introduced me to the board game Kursk, and various other wargames. I was hooked instantly.
So now, after watching tons of reviews on youtube, I finally decided to purchase "Silver bayonet" by GMT games.
Can´t wait to be drawn into board gaming war.

I just recently got interested in Board games.
So far I´ve only played risk and axis of allies, but those games seemed kinda to plain and simple.
Then a person introduced me to the board game Kursk, and various other wargames. I was hooked instantly.
So now, after watching tons of reviews on youtube, I finally decided to purchase "Silver bayonet" by GMT games.
Can´t wait to be drawn into board gaming war.
Try old Avalon Hill titles
My favorites are Squad Leader, Panzer Leader

DVG Games makes a whole line of games designed to be played solitaire. U-Boat Leader is one of my favorites, you control the German U-Boat fleet and the game system controls enemy convoys and warships and etc. A bit abstract but still a good time.

Got my silver bayonet game today.
I must say. Some of these games are nothing short of art pieces in my opinion. The amount of detail and historical accuracy, and not to mention the sheer effort that must have gotten into the rule making.
And those glossy counters that you just want to snuggle with. Kinda.

The guy on the cover of the box died on 9/11 2001. He was Part of security and died while and after having saved people.
Lt col Hal Moore said he was the best platoon leader he had ever seen.

They wrote something along those lines on the box. Just wow!

Back